It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, March 5, 2021

Warmer Night, Scheduled Interview and Losing Walter.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though not much changed throughout the night I seemed to wake up without my covers on. No Kathy wasn’t snuggling them. It appeared that I was just feeling warm and tossed them off.

Wondering why that happened as soon as I finished my morning preparations for breakfast I looked at The Weather Network and found that our overnight temperatures had not dropped as low as the previous nights. When we looked out the Balcony Door there wasn’t a Cloud in the sky. Looking back at the Computer our high for the day would reach 39 F (4 C).

Checking the On-Line Job Postings there was another ad that had just appeared so I gave it a shot. Even though it had the same format as the others that kept showing an Error had occurred this one showed that it went through. So I tried the others that had failed before only to have them fail again.

Before I could move to reading Blogs that we follow the phone started ringing. It was the representative to the Ontario Employment Service that had already reviewed my applications. Similar to what was available when I first began in the working world Decades ago they would direct my Resume to Employers needing someone in my trade. Since many Employers in our area are just getting back to work since our last Shut-Down I’ll be doing my first Interview on Tuesday Afternoon. Maybe those errors happened for a reason.

We worked together to make Toasted Tomato and Cheese Sandwiches along with Orange Slices, Maple Cookies as well as a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

This afternoon I managed to get most of my exercise routine completed before we watched Law and Order.

The 6 o’clock Local News was starting when we started getting things ready for supper so we listened while working in the kitchen. They spoke about increasing the Vaccines that would be available to us hopefully before it would be time for the kids to go back to school in the Fall. No Coronavirus Numbers were given.

As we sat enjoying our Salmon Fillets and Asparagus for supper watching the News the next thing they spoke about was the passing of Walter Gretsky. If you are a Hockey Fan you would know that Walter was Wayne Gretsky, #99, The Great One’s father. He was also an activist when it came to helping the needy in the town of Brampton, Ontario. He will be missed.

Once the Dishes and Kitchen were cleaned we watched the US News Media. They were concentrating on the debate going on in the Senate about the proposed Relief Bill. It was too much for us to keep track of.

We finished off the evening watching a new episode of Blue Bloods.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Three quarters of the clothes you own have logos on them.

8 comments:

  1. Sure hoping your interview goes great. Enjoy your beautiful weather. I had to run the air conditioner yesterday afternoon. Going to be a warm weekend. A reminder that those 100+ days are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shucks! Last nights Blue Bloods was a new episode. I thought it wouls be a rerun. I should have stayed up with my husband instead of reading a book in bed. Love Blue Bloods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear you have an interview coming up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on Tuesday, I'll be thinking of you. We both thought Walter died a couple of years ago - must be
    'The Mandela Effect' again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I had heard of Wayne Gretsky I did not know he had an equally famous father. Sad when someone passes even more so when he did so much for his community.

    Good luck with your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great healthy meal you had and I'm sure it tasted good too. Here is hoping that the interview will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck with the interview. Tom and I are sending positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete