It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, March 15, 2021

Adjusting To DST, Exercising and Sixteen Gallons.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though we had nothing planned for this morning both of us had problems sleeping last night. Kathy was periodically waking while I would just barely close my eyes before completely waking up. Almost like a Pretravel Night.

It was minutes after 8:00 DST when I just gave up trying to sleep before heading to the other room. With the sky filled with Clouds it was difficult for the Sun to brighten our day.

I filled in a couple of Job Applications before opening the Bedroom Blinds along with starting breakfast. The added brightness and aroma was enough to have Kathy joining me. She like many others I sure of are having a difficult time of adjusting to Daylight Savings Time. Then just as everyone gets used to it we’ll get switched back to Standard Time. Why can’t they just leave well enough alone. We spent the rest of the morning doing chores and getting caught up on our Blog reading.

For lunch we had Chicken and Rice Soup along with Grapes, Cookies and Yogurt Cups for dessert.

I only sat at the Computer long enough to finish my Coffee before trying to get more involved in my workouts. My stomach just hasn’t been feeling right lately so I’ve had to tone down the intensity somewhat. When I was finished I headed straight to the Shower.

I had convinced Kathy to come for the ride even if she just sat reading her book in the Car. Staring at the same walls out of fear of getting sick is not a good thing.

We arrived at the Canadian Blood Services building with Ten Minutes to spare. Luckily Kathy had worn her Hoodie as well as her Fall Jacket because the outside temperature was cold. Going inside the Precautionary Screening Desk had been relocated further from the door allowing for more people to wait inside but there was nobody in front of me.

Just after I registered and was set to make my 128th Blood Donation their Computers went down. People coming in after me had to be processed Old School. Presently they are not excepting Walk-In Donations as a way of keeping everyone safe so things still ran like clock work.

I was sitting in the Car having my snack with Kathy only Five Minutes after my appointment time.

When we got back in the Apartment and I finished reading this mornings Blogs I had a strange thought so I used Google to get the Answer. The average person contains 1.2 to 1.5 Gallons of Blood so that means after making 128 Donations I have donated Twelve Times my Blood Volume or Sixteen Gallons. Each time I donate not only am I helping to save lives but it helps my body to refresh itself.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they reported an Eighty Year Old Woman in the Windsor/Essex region as the latest victim of the Coronavirus bringing the local total to 398. We also had 8 New Cases. Our temperature only reached a high of 34 F (1 C) this afternoon and we can expect Flurries through the night.

We had a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza for supper. After cleaning up the kitchen and Dishes we later watched an episode of “Criminal Minds”.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.

Isaac Asimov, Writer/Scientist

6 comments:

  1. I used to give blood but as I got older the large syringes they use would collapse my vein so I just quit going. I'm hoping you'll get a call soon from your interview. Glad Kathy got out of house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 128th donation, good for you!

    Our blood donation center closed down this week, we made our last donation just before they closed. The center will reopen in July as a plasma donation center. We have appointments shortly after they reopen, it will be interesting to see the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being such a dedicated donor. Makes you wonder how many lives you've saved over the years. I've been anemic most of my life so they didn't want my blood. Decided I needed it more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to give blood regularly too but then the medications after my stroke prevented that. Still on Aspiring even now and so continue to be 'unacceptable'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I am retired Daylight Savings Time does not affect me at all as I do not have to be at a given place or time on a daily basis like people that work.

    Congratulations on your 128th blood donation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 128th blood donation. What a great gift to those in need.

    ReplyDelete