It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, March 12, 2021

Good Interview, Scared Kathy, Shopping and Still Waiting.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was hard to believe that I slept so soundly last night and was getting out of bed by 8:00 this morning. The Sun was peaking around the Blinds helping to light my way around the Apartment. That gave me the chance to get things ready for breakfast then to start checking things on the Computer.

With the time growing short for my scheduled Job Interview when the Clock reached 9:00 I had no choice but to open the Bedroom Blinds then Kiss Kathy to wake her up. She made me promise last night not to leave before she got up. It worked.

There wasn’t much time after breakfast, getting dressed and out the door. The Truck started the instant I turned the key. Knowing the Batteries were fully charged I disconnected the Solar Charger and took it off the dash.

If there is One thing I hate is being late for anything so I arrived a Half Hour early. It was only a few minutes later that Brian came down from the office. After we talked for about Ten Minutes he was giving me a tour of their operation. They do much more then what the name on the building suggests. He was impressed that I spotted a fault on a piece that he didn’t see. He explained there were Two other appointments scheduled before he could make his choice but he liked my confidence.

He walked me through a different part of the Plant bringing me out near our Truck. He was impressed by its appearance I showed him the Tool Cabinets and Fuel Cell in the truck bed that I fabricated on Saw Horses when we owned our house. Then he asked who wired the Lights, Back-up Alarm, Spotlights and Antenna System that he could see. Another skill that could occasionally be used there. They have to wire Tow Vehicles occasionally. All good things.

The Interview was finished by the scheduled start time so I headed over to Guardian Storage and picked up our Mail before heading back home.

I was inside the Apartment but Kathy had been cleaning so she had to wash her hair and was running her Hair-Dryer. She didn’t hear me come in and when she saw a Masked Man in the mirror in the other room she nearly jumped out of her skin.

She served Baked Beans on Toast for lunch along with Orange Slices, Maple Cookies and Pudding Cups for dessert. She was asking for all the details of the Interview. After answering all her questions I had to convince her to go shopping for groceries today instead of a busy weekend.

Gathering her List we were soon heading out in the Car. Our destination was Zehr’s grocery store. The only things we needed were Produce, Meats, Dairy and Frozen Foods none of which were available at the Dollarama. It was after 3:00 when we finally got through the Cashier.

Back at our building we were fortunate enough to find a Shopping Cart by the rear door to haul everything up in. Thankfully it was a lighter load then most times so Kathy was able to push it up while I parked the Car. As per usual it took time to get everything put away especially since our Pantry is in the lower cabinets.

We watched an episode of “Law and Order” before the 6 o’clock Local News came on. There was 1 New Death in the Windsor/Essex area due to the Coronavirus bringing the Total Number to 306. There were also 39 New Cases. Today’s high was only 57 F (14 C) and even though it was warmer then normal for this time of year it did not set a new record like the last Two Days.

Neither of us were feeling hungry but our Sugar Levels were dropping so we shared a Grilled Cheese Sandwich for supper topped off with Hot Chocolates.

Later we watched for the first time an episode of the new “Magnum P.I.”, an episode of “Bull” and an episode of “Blue Bloods”. Really getting hooked on those things.

As for the Job I have no idea whether I was chosen or not. Now is a Waiting Game but I’ll just keep applying until I find one.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re RV trash when they pass an unsafe vehicle law in your honour.

7 comments:

  1. Glad your first interview went well and hope you get called for the next two. Hang in there, if it is meant to be......you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the interview went well, as you had a chance to show off some of your other skills that they could use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you hear soon from the interview! Funny about Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really easy to get hooked on Blue Bloods.

    You aced that interview. A funny story from an exit interview I had when I was an HR Director. The young man told me he was quitting his job because working was inteferring with his free time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending good luck your way and hope you get the job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like they were ready for your early arrival and the interview went well. Good luck. Waiting is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh best wishes for a good outcome to the interview. Sounds like the rest of the day went smoothly too.

    ReplyDelete