It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Busy With On-Line School.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After having a restless Sunday Night’s sleep I figured it wouldn’t be a problem sleeping last night. Like many times in the past history repeated itself. Even though I’m feeling tired as I write this post I won’t repeat that same mistake tonight.

That lack of sleep also meant sleeping later this morning to make up for it. I didn’t think much about it until I opened my E-Mail and found I was late for School. You’ve read that I have been looking for a Job On-Line and the People a the Unemployed Help Center noticed.

When most of us went looking for work after High School we simply filled in Applications and you were interviewed on the spot. With the Coronavirus Lock-Downs things have changed. This is the world our grandchildren grew up in where having Resumes worded just the right way make the difference. When I started making mine nearly Two Years ago I was simply told to write down all your work experience and make it neat.

The Unemployed Help Center noticed a lot of flaws saying I’d done it all wrong. Ron set this On-Line Schooling up with Sherry to coach me to writing a better Resume. But then she also wanted me to create a Cover Page which basically is to add hype about yourself so people will consider looking at your Job Qualifications on the next page. They also recommended making it a personalized for each new application.

They also want you to write another note to the Employer again highlighting your good points as a third page. I’m not a fast Typist and they wanted all those Drafts E-mailed to them by the end of the day. I had filed both those Two Pages before because it meant paying to make Three Photocopies instead of One and since I distributed over Forty Resumes alone that could have gotten expensive.

I managed to send them Two Cover Pages, Two Resumes and Two Notes to the Employer by the end of the day to the Help Center. They’ll review them and will work with me along with others through an On-Line Class on Thursday. I also managed to apply for another job as well as replying to an Employer’s Questionnaire for a job that I applied for on Friday.

What I didn’t get a chance to do was read any Blogs until after supper. We kept lunch lite with Chicken Noodle Soup along with an Orange for dessert.

We missed the beginning of the 6 o’clock Local News so I have no idea of what is happening on the Coronavirus front. Windsor managed to reach 51 F (10.4 C) this afternoon. The Clouds were a constant all day and since we did not get the forecasted Flurries last night they have been rescheduled for tonight.

We had Mixed Berries on Pancakes for supper along with a mug of Hot Chocolate.

As for some of the Comments about having a low Hemoglobin I had the same problem. Due to my donating every Eight Weeks and not always being able to eat properly at the time the Nurses at the Canadian Blood Services advised me to take Vitamin B-12 and Iron Supplements. I also had a Doctor advise me to take Vitamin C, Vitamin E with Odourless Garlic Supplements to purify my Blood. Now when I have Blood Tests done the numbers always come back at the perfect end of the scale.

Since I don’t have school tomorrow we’ll see what we do.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I always thought my neighbours were nice people.

Then they put a password on their Wi-Fi.

4 comments:

  1. You better hope you do not get detention if you are late for school again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know with all that I'm glad not to be looking for a job! Good luck to you Rick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of pancakes but the one in the picture looks delicious!

    Now I know why you often say that you do not take medication but vitamins when you prepare your medicine pouches (excuse me but I do not recall the exact name you call them) for Kathy and yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of work you did! Those people at the center seem to expect a lot. And sort of sounds like they're wanting you to add frou-frou stuff. What ever happened to short and sweet?

    ReplyDelete