It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Having Classes At Home, My Aunt Called and Cases Going Down.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Surprisingly even though the Alarm Clock was set last night I only woke once while turning over. The Alarm actually did its job this morning waking me at a time that I’ve recently become unaccustomed to getting up at.

I had put my clothes out last night as to not disturb Kathy this morning so within a few minutes I was dressed for the day. Using the under-cupboard lights that I had installed I was able to have breakfast while waiting for my Computer to open.

Yesterday just before supper Sherry from the Unemployed Help Center had sent out an E-Mail saying she would see us all at 8:30 in the morning which was a Half Hour earlier then the originally scheduled time. The first message that popped into my E-Mail this morning at 8:30 was the message that read “See you all at 9:00”. I got some reading in before that time.

Hard to tell but it was Raining.

Kathy woke shortly after 9:00 because she could hear me talking but no-one else. Luckily I was wearing my Earbuds while we were on a Google Meeting. She was able to have breakfast and get dressed without disturbing me. Looking outside through the open Balcony Blinds she was watching as the Rain came down. The Third Time Forecasting it was the charm and it finally happened.

Sherry was having problems multi-tasking with her Laptop so I was coaching her from my end. She was set up using a second screen while I had Multiple Files open and was working on them while she spoke with other participants. As long as they could see me that was all that mattered.

This morning those that stayed on were given Questions with Three Answers and we were told to choose the most positive one we should use during an Interview. I believe answering a question Honestly but what I got from the answers deemed to be the ones Employers like to hear you say is something that is not true.

After Two Hours we reviewed our Resumes, Cover Pages and Messages to the Employers. I only needed to make a single change. There were no jobs within Two Hundred Miles in my trade to apply for today.

We had Chicken with Rice Soup for lunch along with Orange Slices, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Yogurt Cups for dessert.

After lunch I called our Pharmacy to order our medications since I’ll be doing our Pill Doucettes next week.

Later when I was in the process of reading Blogs my Aunt Anna called. Living in an Assisted Living Home she has already had both her Vaccine Shots but the Home is suddenly insisting that everyone stay in their rooms. Recently she needed to go for an Eye Examination Appointment. My cousin had to pick her up on the East-End of the city drive her to the West-End to the Optometrist's Office. She had her eyes Dilated before heading back across town. The Home had told my cousin her mother could only be gone for an Hour and a Half. When they arrived after 91 Minutes the staff started giving them a talking down to. They then said she would not be able to leave until this Summer since she was late. Her Glasses will be ready before that and the Home won’t get stupid with my cousin. Her Boss is one of the top Lawyers in Windsor.

For supper we had Spaghetti with Sauce and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese along with a glass of Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine).

We just finished eating when the Pharmacy called to say our Medications had been filled and were ready for pick up. That happens so fast now that our Family Doctor has a new FAX Machine. It used to take Weeks to get them approved before.

On the 6 o’clock Local News we learned that Windsor/Essex had 30 New Cases of the Coronavirus bringing the Active Cases to 279 in the area. We had no Deaths due to the Virus today. The temperature only reached 41 F (5 C) today and the Wind will increase overnight.

We later watched a new “Law and Order” episode.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why does a chicken coop only have two doors?


Because if it had four doors it would be a chicken sedan.

5 comments:

  1. Vancouver Island had 35 new and current count is 236 so we're running about the same numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are right Rick. Give the interviewer that answers they want as long as you don't exaggerate your skills. Great to have classes to learn new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pill Doucettes...that is the word I was looking for when I made a comment earlier in the week but due to my CRS could not think of.

    It is a shame that they punished your aunt for being one minute late...that is ridiculous...it is a good thing your cousin works for a well-known lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they just make up rules as they go along..no common sense what so ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What makes the whoever they are think they have the right to tell your Aunt when or for how long she can leave the facility. It is assisted living not jail for crying out loud. I never heard of anything so ridiculous before.

    ReplyDelete