It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Wondering “Why” and Running Errands.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I was surprised to look at the Temperature Gauge in the Truck this morning to see that it had already risen to the Freezing Mark. Looking around there was slightly less Snow on the ground then last evening but there was still too much for my liking.

Even before the start of the shift Paul came around asking why there were Old Water Coolers standing behind the Break. He didn’t like it when I reminded him he wanted me to work on them back in October. Today he had me scrap them and it didn’t break my heart to see them go as soon as the shift started.

Next I rebuilt a Bracket for a Forklift Seat. The manufacture had used too lite of materials that could not take the bouncing. It will now.

I then headed back up to the Reverse Osmosis Room. The intention was to finish adding Insulation wherever any was missing then to add the last of the Metal Panels to seal the wall. Because of the location of the Thousand Gallon Water Tank it was a tight fit that required a lot of twisting and reaching. Once that one was mounted the last Two Panels also needed Holes to be cut for Hoses to go through. That would take until my lunch and I hadn’t see Paul since before the shift started.

Luckily I had not worn extra layers of clothes today and by the time I finished the RO Room I was still sweating because the heat was no longer leaving the building through that room. When I returned from lunch I continued insulating the Lower West Wall that was missing lots of insulation.

When I looked up part of the Paint-Line was empty. The Ambassador Bridge has been shut down for the last Three Days by Truckers protesting the Coronavirus Restrictions and this afternoon the Line was again sent home early. The American Auto Industry parts we did today had been rerouted through Sarnia and the Blue Water Bridge adding Hundreds of Miles Shipping Distance.

Some time ago I learned that Losing Weight was a good thing but when you Donate Blood on a regular basis periodically you need to have some Beef to keep you numbers in balance. After having my shower Kathy and I headed out to run some errands but first we went to Burger King’s Drive-Thru for their Whopper Wednesday deals. Strange how it cost less this time then the last and I ordered the same thing. We sat in the parking lot enjoying our meal. Kathy was having trouble eating her Onion Rings because she has also been cutting back on her intake. Because I am so active at work I had no problem even though I have also cut back on my intake.

We then headed to Walmart where we found some personal cleaning items that no other store has been carrying. We also looked unsuccessfully for a new Calculator for Kathy. We ended up at Staples where they had exactly what we needed. We also looked at Printers as we are considering replacing the one we currently have.

It was nearly 7:00 when we got back to the Apartment so we missed the 6 o’clock Local News. I finally had the chance to check for other Job Ads. I also read the Comments on Yesterday’s Post and totally agree with all of them. Why I continue to forge ahead sometimes has me asking myself “Why?” The fuse can only burn so far before it explodes.

The Weather Network showed that we had Partly Cloudy Skies the entire day but still reached a high temperature of 39 F (4 C).

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re RV trash when your awning would normally be used to catch paint splatters.

2 comments:

  1. I get why he doesn't want you to talk to others. Had this happen once to me also at a crappy job. They actually asked me to leave before the two week notice so I didn't spread my attitude about their awful job. Funny, they all did leave after me. So he doesn't want them to know you are leaving and that you are unhappy enough to look for another job. Some might've seen you as a positive change to their workplace, the one who has made their jobs more endurable, easier, warmer, more pleasant. Wouldn't want any of them to follow you out of there. I think you should call in sick and not go back. When he asks what you're sick with, tell him management.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing at Barb's comment, but yes, you have been decent to coworkers and they probably appreciate it and you may have some fans there. You have been incredibly patient.

    ReplyDelete