It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, February 21, 2022

Family Day and Research.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

For some unknown reason we both had a restless night’s sleep last night. One would figure that still being tired from Thursday night’s inability to use our CPAP Machines that would not happen but it does because we’ve experienced it before. We did not get up early nor did we sleep too late but that time affects what you do with the entire day.

The Sun was once again helping to clean up the mess left behind by the last Snowfall. Luckily it was far less then originally forecasted. We kept breakfast simple by having Toast with Peanut Butter.

Why Kathy checked her messages I was again checking for Job Ads only to find Two of the Ads for my former place of employment back. I made certain not to apply for those but just wish there was some way I could send a message to others, “Don’t Do It” so they would never go through what I did.

For lunch we kept it lite by having Chicken Noodle Soup with Cheese on Crackers topped off with an Apple Sauce Cup for dessert.

Before returning to the Computer I brought our Recycle downstairs to the Bins. I had worn a lite Jacket as a test of how warm it actually was outside. When I returned to the Apartment Kathy had been busy dusting things. Even with all the Doors and Windows closed it is amazing how much Dust gets inside.

On the weekend News we heard how the price of Fuel would probably go up by the close of the Markets today. With that information I did the Car the other day so took the Truck today to top it off while Kathy stayed behind to do some vacuuming.

First I headed for Guardian Storage to collect our Mail. As luck would have it I was stuck waiting for a Slow Moving Freight Train to pass. When I arrived I found the Office closed with a Note saying “Closed for Family Day.” This is a holiday observed by the Ontario Government along with a few other provinces to give people a break between New Years Day and the Winter Break but is not a Statutory Holiday. Having our own Code to get in I found our Mailbox very empty.

Heading back I again got stopped by another Slow Moving Freight Train before I made it to the Pioneer gas station where cars were fueling up at the Truck Pumps. At least the cost of Diesel was Four Cents/Litre lower then the last time but at $1.556/Litre ($6.20/Gallon) it was still a costly adventure.

When I got home Kathy had just sat down after doing her cleaning. After checking out a few more Job Ads I again started doing more Data Entries. Since I add to these there is more research involved so the process seems to be taking forever.

Having forgot to take something out of the Freezer for supper we did the next best thing. We had a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Bacon and Spinach Pizza for supper that only took Fifteen Minutes to cook.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they were again reporting about the Ottawa Blockade. The Government is actually proposing legislation against that kind of action. They say there is nothing wrong with a Peaceful Protest but Blockades that close down International Borders or Cities will be deemed Illegal. It affected people’s jobs as well as noise around their homes.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature of 41F (5 C) and it felt wonderful. Tomorrow will be warmer with Rain before the temperature drops back to seasonal values (Freezing Cold).

Mary from Healthy Heals called to confirm Kathy’s appointment for tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll sleep better tonight.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I recently decided to sell my vacuum cleaner as all it was doing was gathering dust.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are settling in and getting respite from "that job." One of your previous commenters suggested you get together with Ivan...I guess I'm not the only one interested in the saga of how things are going after your departure. Ha.

    ReplyDelete