It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Ahead Of The Storm.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Having closely watched the weather forecast we didn’t wait too long to get out the door this morning. We had a lite snack along with an Orange Juice for breakfast. It had been raining the entire night so lots of the dirty Snow piles had shrunk in size or completely disappeared showing patches of brown grass that had been hidden.

Taking the Car our first stop was Planet Fitness where I would be working out. Kathy then drove over to the nearby Walmart where she would get her walking in. She would also see if there were any pastries that would be willing to follow her home as well. We had planned how long I would take before she would pick me up. Lots of people think that working is the same as exercising but it’s not. Most would point to all the weight that I lost while working as working it off and they would be right but it wasn’t Exercise. Lots of the weight I lost was Muscle Tone so now even though I start with Cardio I am slowly reconditioning my body while keeping my weight down.
Our first stop after Kathy picked me up was the Motor City Community Credit Union to pick up Loonies ($1.00 Coins) for Laundry. Marlene the teller was surprised to see me and thought that I was taking a day off. When I told her about Paul wanting me to work unsafely she said that was illegal. She then said she was sure my wife (Kathy) would rather have me home.

You can see Tarps on the Car and Truck.

It was just after 11:00 when we went to Wendy’s Drive-Thru and ordered Chicken Wraps for lunch. We thought the lite snack we had earlier would hold us over but we had both worn that off. We sat in the parking lot as we normally do to eat our meal but there was a problem. The Rain was starting to freeze on our windows.

It didn’t take long to get back to our building where I dropped Kathy at the front door before going to park the Car. With the forecast of Freezing Rain being followed by Eight Inches of Snow I covered the Windshields on both the Car and Truck with plastic Tarps to make it easier to clean off. What we didn’t count on was the Northwest Wind that played havoc with the Tarps while I installed them. Even with the lite Gloves I was wearing my hands were frozen by the time I got inside the Apartment. It was below the Freezing Mark and minutes later when I looked out another Tenant was scraping Ice from his car windows as he got ready to leave.

Turning White.

There were plenty of Job Ads to look at but only One that I applied for today. There were a couple of requests for knowing what would make me a good fit that took only seconds to do. After reading more of the Local News I continued adding Data for upcoming Krackers to my spreadsheet.

Even though we’d had lunch nearly Six Hours earlier we didn’t feel hungry. Finally after 5:30 Kathy made Macaroni and Cheese for supper then served a us slice of German Chocolate Cake for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported we were down to 26 Active Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region along with another Death.

Look at the time. 7:45 am

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature of 43 F (6 C) early this morning. By noon it slid to the Freezing Mark turning the Rain to Ice Pellets then Snow.

Looking outside things were again turning White. We’ll see what we do tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What happens once in a minute, twice in a moment, never in a decade?


The letter “m”.

2 comments:

  1. With this kind of crazy weather of ice pellets, freezing rain and snow, if I were you I would stay home and enjoy the warm apartment eating German Chocolate Cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful plan Marlene! I think that is exactly what we will do.

    ReplyDelete