It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Missed Opportunity and Protest Affects.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

There was a crispness to the air outside this morning that made the Snow crunch under my feet. Getting inside the Plant was much easier to take but all this would cause a bit of a problem.

Paul was in one of his moods this morning and the smell of Alcohol was on his breathe. I did such a good job patching the holes on the Mezzanine floor windows last week that he wanted me to do the same with the RO Room.

Then he said something that shocked me and it would have been the perfect opportunity to tell him where to put his job. I’ve mentioned how he has been watching me from a distance. I’ve also mentioned how the Line Workers are finally putting the Carriers aside for me to repair rather then burying them broken in the baskets. Paul said he didn’t want me talking at anyone other than Kharen and Himself. (I missed that moment but I won’t the next time.)

I believe a Comment from Jim in Yesterday’s Blog is bang on and a possible New Employer called and now Paul is getting back at me for even thinking of leaving.

I struggled shearing the Ten Foot Long Sheet Metal since there is no overhead devices to help in the lifting. With determination and stubbornness I got the pieces cut the lengths I needed. Looking up I could see Paul watching. Since I was working by myself I made certain not to haul more then a single piece at a time climbing the stairs to the Reverse Osmosis Room numerous times.

I had layered my clothing including putting Sweat Pants under my Jeans fully expecting to be working outside but would end up inside for the day. Upstairs where the cold air was seeping in I was happy to be overdressed but on the main floor where it was warmer I could feel sweat running down my legs. There was no place to go remove the extra layer.

If any of you have read in Canada the Truckers have been protesting the Coronavirus Restrictions and want them all lifted. They started with the Federal Government in Ottawa then went to the Provincial Government in Toronto they then came to Windsor and the Ambassador Bridge. Most might not know that the Ambassador Bridge carries over Seventy Percent of all trade between Canada and the US.

The Bridge has been shut down for the last Two Days and this afternoon the Paint-Line was sent home early because most of our work supports the American Auto Industry and we were out of parts. We’ll hope the parts make it in tomorrow otherwise I’ll be working on maintenance by myself.

For supper Kathy made a Southwestern Salad with Sauteed Salmon Fillets along with warm Biscuits. We again enjoyed Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) to wash it all down.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported another 34 Coronavirus Deaths for the Windsor/Essex Region today long with 58 Active Cases. They also talked about the Bridge closure and how it could affect our local industries soon.

The Weather Network showed that we had Sunny Skies the entire day but still reached a high temperature of 25 F (-4 C). The temperature will rebound for the next Three Days before cooling down again.

We see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You have more than 2 used pampers rolling around in the back of your truck.

8 comments:

  1. Love their management style 😄. Won't be long before you're outta there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, I hope you will just leave. Don't hurt yourself staying to work for that type of employer. He isn't worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And one by one those mandates are being rescinded. It's time things got back to somewhat normal! You have stayed in that job a lot longer than I would have. No doubt he gave you a bad recommendation, even after you've done everything to please him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee I don't understand why you can't talk to other people?
    Is there rules in the work place that make you keep quiet?
    Good luck 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a place you or anyone else should work. I sure hope a job comes through soon before you really go off on both of them and who would blame you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im in agreement with Doug and Nancy.

    You don’t owe Paul or his crony Kharen any more if your skills and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete