It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Lots Of Sun, Three Meals and Not Making Sense.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Barely getting our Blog published before midnight last night I was already having a hard time to keep my eyes open. After finally going to bed past my normal time I was pleasantly surprised to find the bedroom brightly lit even with the Blinds still in the closed position this morning when I opened my eyes. It didn’t take long to start my day and before I had things ready to make breakfast Kathy was sitting in her recliner.

Making something different then I’m able to during the week we had a Single Sunny Side Up Egg on a Single Buttered Toast for breakfast along with a serving of Orange Juice.

We took our Coffee/Tea over to the Computers. Even for a Sunday there were a lot of Job Ads to review. I sent in another application before I started reviewing Blogs that we follow. Seeing our friends enjoying themselves in the warm Arizona sun around Quartzsite had us both feeling a little jealous.

We both enjoyed soaking our feet in an Epson Salt Bath. It still amazes us how it not only makes our feet feel better but it seems to ease a lot of stress in the rest of our bodies.

For lunch we enjoyed Split Pea with Ham Soup along with Christmas Fruit Cake for dessert. Having Kathy occasionally telling me that she had some during the week had me insisting that we have that for a treat.

We waited a bit before heading out the door. There was no rush like there is when we get our groceries but we did have a Shopping List.

Our first stop was to Fabric Land where we picked up some sewing supplies. Between repairing Coveralls and Socks Kathy says she’ll be busy most of the time.

Next we went to the nearby Canadian Tire to look for a few things. At the Service Desk I expressed my displeasure of being told the other store had the Deep Sockets I had a Rain Cheque for and they didn’t. They were brought right to me. We also picked up another Collapsible Laundry Basket. We got our first one at Camping World and paid dearly for the convenience it gave us in our Trailer. It works just as well here in the Apartment. This one is identical in construction and cost a Third of the price. I also picked up a Tool Tote as a way of saving wear and tear on my Coveralls along with a Plastic Tarp for covering the Truck’s Windshield on bad weather nights.

It has been quite some time since we treated ourselves so we went to McDonald’s where we enjoyed an Ice Cream Cone.

That treat tasted good but we needed to walk it off so we went to the smaller Dollarama closer to our home. It is strange that as part of a chain they don’t carry all the same stock so we added to their bottom line before leaving the store.

The 6 o’clock Local News was again for the second day in a row pre-empted by a Golf Tournament. Stranger yet was when we turned on a US News Media to learn of things happening in Canada. It just does not make sense.

We made certain to balance our supper. We shared a Southwest Salad along with a Chicken with Broccoli Personal Pie for our meal. We also enjoyed a Carbonated Rose Juice (Fake Wine) with a Raspberry Turnover for dessert.

The Weather Network showed that we had Sunny Skies the entire day and reached a high temperature of 28 F (-2 C) today. The next Two Weeks will be a roller coaster ride with not only the temperatures but what comes from the sky as well.

I’m curious of how I’ll be treated for the next few days because it could speed up my departure.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Life’s tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

Benjamin Franklin

1 comment:

  1. Yup the weather ☁️🌡️🌡️ is good here in quartzsite it's going to be in the upper seventies this week. I turned on the News this morning and it was all the truckers protesting in Canada.
    Stay warm miss you both.

    ReplyDelete