It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, February 14, 2022

Computer Work, Possible Career Change and Dollars Lost.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Having seen yesterday’s forecast we didn’t make any plans for going outside of the building much today but when I looked at the Clock at 6:30 I knew it was time to start my day. No I wasn’t going to Work but I was trying to stay close with my sleeping hours so I don’t have to retrain myself.

I had already applied on a number of jobs along with reading some Blogs when Kathy joined me. She managed to get more sleep last night but was still having problems with her Sinuses. We still have a few days of Food we’ll be shopping for so we again are trying to use up as much of it as possible before we restock. That meant this morning we had French Toast. Notice we’ve been using a lot of bread since I left that job where I had sandwiches every day for lunch.

Returning to the Computers there seemed to be a steady feed of Job Ads throughout the day. Having noticed a pattern to extra questions employers ask beyond regular information I set up a Word Document that I can simply Copy and Paste that information to their sites. That saves me time trying to figure out what to say and I’ve reviewed it often enough that it sounds Official.

Even though the temperature never got above 19 F (-7 C) the Sun was doing a good job of melting the Snow off the vehicles outside.

For lunch we had Italian Wedding Soup along with Cheese on Crackers then we had Orange Slices with Apple Sauce Cups for dessert.

Kathy finally took something to ease the pressure in her Sinuses but that of course meant having to take a Snap. They are advertised as Non-Drowsey Daytime Medication but it always gets the better of Kathy. I took the Recycle down to the Bins so she could relax.

I had a lot of Data Entrees to make for future Krackers on our Blog. There is still a lot to do but I’m hoping to be back to work soon. That means either I have to learn to type faster or spend more time making the Entrees.

For supper we had Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Olive Garnishes and Orange Slices for our dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News noted that the estimated loss to the Canadian Economy for the One Week that the Ambassador Bridge was shut down by the Truckers Blockade was nearly Three Billion Dollars. Ottawa is just starting to get the Truckers out of the residential parts of their city. They also reported 43 Active Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region.

I mentioned how Employers are sending me notices after seeing my On-Line Resume. The fact that I mentioned working with all that Plastic Piping today I had Two Area Golf Courses wanting to know if I would be interested in working for them. I haven’t responded to them yet but that would be something different for me and I would be outside.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

I try to write parts for women that are as complicated and interesting as women actually are.

Nora Ephron, Journalist

5 comments:

  1. Good luck in your search Rick. Whoever you choose to work for will be very lucky indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your employment search- golf courses might be ideal if the pay is adequate— you would then be able to spend winter down south on the off season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured your boss would be calling you by now -- if he's sober that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be great to learn how to play cow pasture pool. There is some nice courses in the Southwest.
    Lol
    That's to cold 🥶🥶. Good luck.
    Stay warm hopefully Kathy will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete