It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, February 4, 2022

Drifting Snow, Repairing Clothes Dryers and Wonderful Visit.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Talking about it when I got home from work this evening neither Kathy or myself slept very well last night. We didn’t eat anything that should have caused such a problem but know we’ll sleep tonight.

Due to the forecast that our area could see lots of Drifting Snow overnight I set the alarm Fifteen Minutes earlier. Sure enough the Windshield was covered in a Crusted Drift as if we had Freezing Rain on the Snow.

At the Plant there were drifts throughout the lot and surprisingly Paul had not taken the Truck out from the Warehouse. Before the start of the shift he told me to take care of the Ramps outside the Loading Docks so the Semis would not get stuck.

As I’ve mentioned before the Plow on the ATV does not clean in one swipe like the Truck does so it took multiple passes along with Salt to get it clear. I’d barely finished when Paul started screaming that I was taking too long. (Doesn’t that sound like someone else at the Plant?) There was more drifting that could have been taken care of but I needed to warm up.

I was working on Carriers when Paul asked me to check out some Clothes Dryers that he purchased cheap. I’ve mentioned before that he has Rental Properties and he generally has them furnished with Furniture and Utilities. For being a Tradesman I deal with everything you can imagine. Of the Four I had to check One you could hear the Motor running but the drum was not turning. I had to open the cabinet and reinstall an Idler Pulley that had come off its track.

When I old Kathy what I was doing she first thought that I was pulling her leg. The job message that I had hoped to receive did not come through so I left a message.

Back at the Maintenance Compound I had to head back outside to clean around the Garbage and Scrap Bins. Like I said it takes multiple passes before I could salt.

I headed straight to the Motor City Community Credit Union to take care of our banking needs and the Truck was right on schedule to go into Regen. As soon as I finished there I let Kathy know of the delay before taking the Expressway so it would clean the Diesel Particulate Filter. Running to the West-End then back normally does the trick but on the return I stopped to pick up the Mail at Guardian Storage.

I went to Wendy’s Drive-Thru and picked up Grilled Chicken Wraps for our supper and they were more then satisfying. We barely finished eating and we were heading out the door.

Lake St. Clair is completely frozen over.

We were on our way to our daughter Karen’s in Tecumseh for a visit since we haven’t seen them since Christmas. We visited with Karen, Kylla, Tyler, Sanford and Nova. Yes even the dogs missed us and kept vying for our attention. We also learned a lot about the Coronavirus since Kylla is seeing what it’s doing to people who contract it. It was a wonderful visit but it ended too quickly.

The Local News reported another 3 Coronavirus Deaths for the Windsor/Essex Region today.

The Weather Network showed that we reached a high temperature of 19 F (-7 C).

I have another day off tomorrow and plan on making use of it.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You have ever removed the 3-9 zoom scope from your deer rifle to use at a KISS concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment