It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Springlike Day, Ministry Giving Tickets and Snow Heading Our Way.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt strange to see the Snow starting to disappear even before the Sun had risen this morning. We were forecasted to get temperatures above the Freezing Mark and I was looking forward to enjoying it.

I didn’t even make an attempt to do my Morning Walk Around but simply packed a Toolbag and headed upstairs to the Mezzanine. I would end up installing all the Panels that I had already brought upstairs then cut another Nine and have them all installed by the end of the shift all by myself.

Prior to Christmas the Ministry of Health had visited our Plant and found a number of Workers not wearing Masks. Since our Plant uses natural ventilation (Open Windows) many thought that was the same as being outside. The Ministry did not agree but let everyone off with a Warning. I have worn a Mask since my first day on the job even during the Hot Days of Summer. This morning as I was reaching for more materials I could see a silhouette in the distance heading in my direction. It was Ivan coming up to warn me that the Ministry was back and this time they were writing Tickets. One look at me and Ivan said “I shouldn’t have bothered because you’re always wearing your Mask”. I laughed but I don’t want to bring anything bad home to Kathy.

While working at the Shear this morning I looked up to see Kharen working on a Chemical Pump by the Washer. According to Rules set up by the Windsor/Essex County Health Unit when diagnosed with the Coronavirus you must Quarantine for a least Five Days then be retested. If the that test shows you are Negative you are then able to return to work. He was wearing a Mask this time and staying away from workers on the Line. He would later politely ask me about a certain tool but that was it and today was Tuesday.

It was nice hearing Kathy’s voice at lunch because nobody else was in the lunchroom making it easier to understand her.

The Snow was disappearing.

When I finally got home I had to call an Employment Agency that had picked up on my Job Application. She was impressed with my Resume and Qualifications. I did kind of lie to her by not telling the entire truth of why I was looking for a different job.

For supper we shared a Southwest Salad with Personal Sized Tourtieres topped off with a piece of a Nanaimo Bar for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported another 3 Coronavirus Deaths for the Windsor/Essex Region along with 115 New Cases for today.

The Weather Network showed that we reached a high temperature of 43 F (6 C) breaking a record set back in 2002. Tomorrow the weather will do a dramatic flip causing our region to get as much as a Foot of Snow over the next Two Days. I’m hoping they are wrong.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the new job hunting. You also sure come up with a lot of good KRACKERS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the inspector is enforcing the mask rules. Will make it safer for you and Kathy. Good luck on finding a new job. So glad you're actively looking 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Krackers has me laughing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete