It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2022

A Different Kind Of Day.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I looked at the Clock twice this morning I was in no hurry to get out of bed and it felt wonderful. I waited until Kathy started getting up before even sitting on the edge of the bed. When I turned off my CPAP Machine it showed I had been connected for over Nine Hours. The last time that happen I was sick in bed.

By the time I reached the Living Room Kathy was already starting to get things ready for breakfast. We had a few Bananas getting a bit too ripe so she mashed them and mixed them into the Pancake Mix. No wasting allowed in our home. They tasted wonderful and were just the right size to hold us over for a late lunch.

After applying for a couple more Job Ads I finally checked if there had been any response to yesterday’s post. Imagine my surprise to see the number of Comments that had already been left and they would continue to add up as the day passed.

The temperature dropped as the day progressed.

I figure that I was holding on to the job because I was feeling sorry for Paul and his addiction. That’s right his addiction to Alcohol. Later on we would speak to a Friend whose Nephew worked for Paul over Forty Years ago. He experienced the same kind of Verbal Abuse that I did at the whim of a Drunk. I possibly would have still been there had it not been for his demand that I work in an unsafe manner. If someone else gets hurt on that job and I hear about it I will let the proper Authorities know.

For lunch we had what I have missed the most when working. We had Chicken Noodle Soup along with Fruit Cake for dessert. We did up the Dishes before returning to the Computers.

I had planned on going to the Gym for the first time in nearly Two Years when the first Coronavirus Lock-Downs shut them all down. Since I’m not standing, walking and working I’ll need some activity to keep the extra pounds off. The one positive that came from the job was that I dropped 62 Pounds. Kathy mentioned about me being back within an Hour then why go. That wasn’t enough time just to get there and back.

Since we’ve had the Booster Vaccines I have made several attempts to download our “Q Passes” with no luck. This afternoon I started with my phone and had it loaded within Fifteen Minutes. When I went to do Kathy’s it seemed like I was running in circles. Finally after Forty-Five Minutes it finally went to the proper page and I was able to download it to her phone. This will allow us to go to some places that we could not without our “Q Passes”.

I finally got caught up on my Blog Reading today and did leave a few comments. The 6 o’clock Local News was pre-empted by a Golf Tournament so we watched the Olympics instead. We enjoyed a Store Bought Thin Crust Bacon Pizza for supper while watching.

If I wake early tomorrow I’ll go to the Gym and be back to have breakfast with Kathy.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

When you put your hunting boots on you only get them on the right feet 50% of the time.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad something good came from your old job. At least you were paid to lose weight instead of the other way round 😃 Good luck on your job hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of your helpful and kind nature, I think you would really do well at a place like Princess Auto. I happen to know PA is a great employer as my daughter-in-law has been the HR person out here at one of the stores for over 15 years. (Her Mom has been the shipper in the Langley store for over 20 years). They have an awesome profit sharing program and benefits too! You have such great life experience and I know they are always looking for great people. Glad you are finally enjoying a much deserved break Rick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't comment yesterday (my error I'm sure) but I wanted to say that I am overjoyed that you got away from that toxic situation. Life is much too short for that abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After you pick up your last cheque and your ROE, you SHOULD report that place to the right ministry. Think of your friend Ivan who is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your freedom and time with Kathy. Perhaps something else worthwhile will come up and before you know it, you'r working again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. Sounds like your body really relaxed last night! Nine hours. Getting rid of all the accumulated stress. Glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete