It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

From Green to White.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Heading out the door first thing this morning it was nice to see all the old Snow had melted with the help of the Rain that was coming down. When I arrived at the Plant I brought my belongings in first as a way of keeping them dry before loading my Toolboxes onto my Utility Cart and bringing them in.

As the shift started I had to reconnect the wires to a Fan Motor that had somehow gotten pulled out before the end of yesterday’s shift. It only took Ten Minutes before it was moving the smoke from the ovens outside. There were some Carriers waiting by the Compound gate when I arrived that looked like Pretzels but within Ten Minutes they were all looking the way they were meant to. Paul asked for a few more patches of which I was able to make from Remnant Sheet Metal that I didn’t even have to adjust for size. Looking out the window I noticed the Roofs of homes across the street starting to turn White. All that and it wasn’t even 9:00 in the morning.

This weather from yesterday had us spoiled.

With those jobs completed I went back to repairing Carriers. Two of the Larger Small Parts Carriers were easy to repair adding at least Ten Clips to each. The workers on the Line are also starting to work with me by putting the Carriers in need of repair off to the side so that I don’t have to dig through the Baskets to find them.

Speaking to Kathy while on my lunch she was only planning on staying in because she didn’t like the way things were looking like outside. She does not like driving in Snow.

I stood by the Line straightening Carriers that had just been emptied. The person that told me that Heat doesn’t bend Metal needs a reality check.

Wet Snow shortly after getting home.

Even though the temperature was only at the Freezing Mark when it was time to go it still took Fifteen Minutes to clean off the Truck. The roads had plenty of Slush on them but there were no slippery spots on the drive home.

After washing up I cleaned a Celery Root for Kathy to cook as a side for the Spare Ribs she had cooked in the Crock Pot. Since we have cut back so much on what we eat we have enough for another meal. By slow cooking Spare Ribs like that you have to use your fork to cut the Meat from the Bones.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported another 3 Coronavirus Deaths for the Windsor/Essex Region along with 186 New Cases for today.

The Weather Network showed that we reached a high temperature of 39 F (4 C) around 7:00 this morning then it was all downhill from there. It was hard to tell since it was Raining so hard and I spent the majority of the day inside only coming out to clean the Wet Snow off the Truck before heading home.

The falling snow looked like Fog.

Since I’m the only one in the Plant that has a Four Wheel Drive Vehicle it makes me wonder what I’ll be doing tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.

Henry David Thoreau, American writer and philosopher

2 comments:

  1. That cold and rain sure don't, it sure does not look pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking dinner for a cold and snowy winter day. I don't blame Kathy for not driving in the snow when she doesn't have to.

    ReplyDelete