It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Healthy Heals, Planet Fitness and Temperature Change.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

This morning we had a reason for not staying in bed too late so when the Clock showed it was 8:00 this morning we started getting things in order. While Kathy did up the bed I made breakfast. While I finished the cereal sampler we tried the other day I had Kathy try the Almond Crisp that I often eat. She still found it too sweet for her liking.

Lite Drizzle.

Once the dishes we cleaned and put away we settled in at the Computers. There were lots of Job Ads but none in my field of work that I had not already applied for. After checking the Local News I started reading Blogs we follow.

In answer to another Comment from the other day I tried calling Ivan but he didn’t answer his phone. It would be interesting to hear what has been happening back at the Plant.

Mary from Healthy Heals arrived a Half Hour early for her appointment with Kathy. With the forecast for heavy Rain this afternoon she was trying hard to get ahead of the storm. By the time she was finished Kathy’s feet felt much better.

We had Italian Wedding Soup for our early lunch along with a Fruit Cup for dessert.

Kathy was feeling tired so she stayed home while I headed out. My first stop was Guardian Storage where I collected our Mail that was not there yesterday because of the Family Day holiday.

Warm temperatures and Rain melting the Snow.

I then took the service road over to Green Shield where I dropped off Kathy’s claim form from Healthy Heals. We pay up front but normally get our Refund Cheque in less then a week. Then we cash the Cheque so Kathy has the money to pay for her next treatment.

My next stop was Planet Fitness where I am slowly increasing the Resistance on the Cardio Equipment. Even though we are required to where Masks before, between and after we are allowed to remove them while exerting ourselves. After doing single sets of a number of different Free Weight Exercises I headed for the showers. I will slowly increase the number of reps, sets and weight as I get back into my routine.

When I arrived home Kathy was talking with our dear friend Vera. Kathy had tried calling her a number of times since the beginning of the year with no luck. She had gone to visit her son in Toronto for Two Weeks but when she got home she started feeling sick. She tested Negative for Coronavirus but still suffered for another Month. She is just starting to feel better and wants to get together for a meal out. It’s no fun going to a restaurant by yourself.

Kathy had put the Crock Pot to work earlier cooking Spare Ribs for our supper. I cleaned and sliced a Potato that we sauteed as a side. We topped it off with Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine). We would later have a piece of Fruit for dessert. The Meat was falling off the Ribs so we used our Forks to enjoy it.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they were again reporting 27 Active Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature of 48F (9 C) today. Since we are forecasted to get Below Freezing Temperatures when I heard the Wind Gusting outside I checked again. The temperature had risen to 52 F (11 C) with the help of 31 MPH Southwest Wind Gusts.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

A happy life is one spent in learning, earning and yearning.

Lillian Gish, American Actress

1 comment:

  1. I'm with Kathy. A lot of those boxed cereals that sound so great are just too sweet! Looks like you certainly ate well the rest of the day. Impressive exercising. Maybe Ivan will be available on the weekend....inquiring minds....

    ReplyDelete