It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Wet In Many Ways.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Once again the door was open when I arrived at the Plant this morning so I immediately started hauling my Tools and other belongings in. What was different was that Paul the Owner was already out walking across the plant floor and when he saw me he raised his arm and called out “Good Morning”.

I’ve mentioned before how I greet everyone in that same manner every morning and after a while you see the smile shining on their faces just knowing that someone is acknowledging their existence as a human being. Paul was the same way and now he is starting to show he has a good side.

Paul also noticed me bringing in the new Toolbox. I explained what happen to the other and told him I was going to steal some of his Pipe Glue to repair it for my Car. He shocked me by saying that would make sense.

On the Morning Walk Around I noticed a leak developing around a Pipe Joint on one of the Older Pumps so I made a note to check it out again later. I had barely finished the walk when it turned into a Fountain that was spraying a fairly large area. Using Plumbers Puddy I managed to temporarily lessen the spray but needed the special Tape that Paul kept in the Office. He thought the water was from last night’s Storm. When told it was a leak he suggested adding Cardboard around the Puddy before the Tape to make it last to the weekend. It worked well.

I was barely back at the Compound collecting Tools and Pipe to work on the Drain/Overflow part of the Pump Installation when there was another Gusher happening and Paul was no where around. All the different sections of the Washer drain into One Pipe that fills One Pit that recycles the Water into the first wash but the Pumps in that Pit were not working which flooded the floor in this area. We pulled the Portable Pump out of the Section I was about to work on and soon had everything running smoothly again.

I returned to the Project under the Washer. Having figured the best way to do the modification it didn’t take long for the Reciprocating Saw to cut the piece needed out of the Drain. What did surprise me was the amount of Gravel that I pulled out of the Pipe. How it got there was anyone’s guess.

Adding the new “TJoint was easy on the first connection but I needed Two Minutes of help on the second. The Line Leader loaned me one of his people. This person has not mastered the English Language yet so I had to animate what I wanted him to do. Leaving him in the open spot where he just had to push once the Glue was applied I returned to the hole under the Washer. When I said “Push” he did but when I said “Pushagain he used the Mallet that he saw around the corner. Unfortunately he hit the assembly where a small fitting was connected and Smashed it.

I tried unsuccessfully to repair it but it wouldn’t take and I was now standing in Three Inches of Water. Finally Paul came out of the Office and wanted to know who did that. Without revealing their identity I said the person did not fully understand me so the fault was mine but it could be fixed with a Rubber Coupling. Paul paused then asked “what do you need”?

I continued working on the rest of the Drainage/Overflow Pipe until he returned. Then I took the Handsaw to square off the broken fitting all while Paul watched over me. With the Rubber Coupling in place he could not believe the fix was that easy. Ten Minutes later he looked at the completed Drainage/Overflow and said “Nice Work” just as if nothing else had happen. Now the Portable Pump will not be needed in that Tank.

My lunch didn’t happen until after 1:30 but that meant I had a shorter afternoon. When I spoke to Kathy she had been busy reorganizing our Bedroom Closet and was also having a late lunch.

When I finally got to the Apartment the first thing I did was take off my waterlogged Shoes and Socks. I then called C.A.A. (Canadian Automobile Association) to have the Truck towed to Windsor Gas and Diesel. The Flatbed that showed up was the same size as the Truck as ours so they put in a call for a larger unit. After waiting on the phone for an Hour I made a change of plans.

Kathy followed while I drove to Jim’s Shop. I noticed the increased distance needed for stopping and by the time we arrived you could smell the Rubber Seals burning on the front wheels.

We went to Wendy’s Drive-Thru for Chicken Wraps, Small Chocolate Frosties and Seniors Soft Drinks for our supper.

Since we missed the 6 o’clock Local News we have no New Coronavirus Cases or Active Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region to report on.

The Weather Network showed we had a Humidex of only 82 F (28 C) this afternoon but because of all the extra Moisture in the air where I was working when I took my Coveralls off they were quite damp. We’ll be having some pleasant temperatures before we see more warmer days.

As for Kharin the Supervisor’s return to work someone mentioned it had been extended until Thursday. As far as I’m concerned the first time he starts screaming I’ll be having a serious talk with him. Everyone in the Plant including Paul have been happier since he has been gone.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What’s the difference between a well-dressed man on a unicycle and a poorly dressed man on a bike?


Attire!

No comments:

Post a Comment