It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Another Project and He’s Back.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Sometimes it just pays to get to work early. Once I had brought in my Toolbox and Lunchbag I was getting the Key to the Maintenance Compound when Paul said he wanted us to expand on water cleaning the Parts to be painted. He told me to get my Coveralls on and come back. It wasn’t even 6:30 when we entered the Washer. We were taking Measurements to see if this would work to link Two Pumping Sections that use the same water supply together as One.

If you recall before I started building the other Manifold System I had salvaged a lot of Plastic Piping that would have been scrapped otherwise. Paul wants me to to use those Salvaged Pieces to bridge the gap between the Two Sections thus making it One Long Section to better clean the Metal Parts.

We finished the preliminary measurements to give us an idea if we had the pieces needed. After greasing the Drive-Motor and my Morning Walk Around I started sub-assembling the Salvaged Pieces together as a way of making this new idea work.

That’s when Kharen came in the Compound telling me we had a Breakdown to fix. Since I’m the Company Maintenance Man I couldn’t refuse. Strangely he wasn’t Screaming like he used to always do.

On Tuesday when the Paint-Pump Coupling needed to be change I knew how to do it but not how Tight to put it. That’s what blew again this morning. Strangely Kharen was explaining how this Coupling should be set up but he didn’t know what it took to install it. He was amazed how I made something he thought was difficult easy by simply using Soapstone to mark the Motor Base and Shims as well as moving the Motor to make the job easier. It took just over the Hour to have the Motor and Coupling perfectly aligned (not too Tight) with the System back on-line. The best part was he never raised his voice once.

Back at the Compound I noted a problem (so I thought) with the Salvaged Piping. Rather then wasting my time I found Paul in the Office and asked for a Consult. I was able to show him my concern and made a simple suggestion to make it work. He then remembered I had also salvaged some Saddles (not the type you ride) from the Plastic Piping and made a different more complicated suggestion that could also work.

The Shipping and Receiving Clerk delivered the pieces I needed on the Manifold Job I started last week. When I checked the number of pieces there wasn’t enough. Paul asked how I knew so I showed him. Before I make a Parts List I actually line the pieces on the Workbench to count them. I then use Soapstone to write my List on the Workbench before writing it on Paper. When I lifted the Cardboard Box the order came in the numbers were still written on the Bench. Paul went to make a phone call.

When I spoke to Kathy while on my lunch she said she had just baked a Cherry Pie. Just the mention of that had my mouth watering and I was stuck at work.

By the end of the shift Paul had purchased New (he never buys new) Bolts, Washers, Nuts and O-Rings so I rebuild the Saddles. Kharen didn’t look too happy when he was delivered more Plastic Piping Parts that had been stored in his Office. (We could have used some of those while he was gone.)

Before leaving for the day I told Paul I would take more critical measurements before the Paint-Line starts in the morning. Since he wants to do this on Saturday along with the Manifold Project and Fill Line he informed the Line Leader about my intention.

Even though The Weather Network showed our Humidex only felt like 73 F (23 C) this afternoon that warm shower when I got home really felt nice.

Kathy made Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls with Vegetable Rice for supper with a slice of Cherry Pie for dessert. It all tasted wonderfully Delicious.

I took over the table after supper to count our Medication and Vitamins. The last time I did our Pill Doucettes I didn’t make my entries on my Spreadsheet because I was too tired and forgot to do it on the weekend. It’s a good thing I did it tonight because we would have had a problem running short on some.

The 6 o’clock Local News Reported we had 73 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 546 along with another Unvaccinated Death in the Windsor/Essex Region.

I can only hope that Kharen’s Vacation and Paul’s influence will continue to make things run smoothly.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

A lot of people always question “What else can she do, What else can she do?” and I’m going to show you.

Cardi B, American Rapper.

4 comments:

  1. It seems the supervisor may be changing his ways! I hope this lasts. Good attitudes and curtesy make for better working conditions for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, all good things come to an end but perhaps he'll be better after the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting- is it possible Kharen was in a drug/alcohol rehab facility during his absence?

    ReplyDelete