It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2021

Job To Nightmare.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I got to sleep an Hour later this morning it was still a day that I would have rather stayed at home. While working on my Computer last night I wrote down a List of Five Things that was expected of Ivan, my helper and myself to accomplish today.

Back to work.

I was already setting up on the first thing on my list. I had been told the Gasket was leaking between a Pump and the Tank it drew the water from. Just after easing the Joints apart the Cleaning Crew came hollering that the Broken Fitting I repaired the other day was leaking. That was a solid repair but someone had stepped on the Pipe causing the Joint to come apart.

Since he is a Forklift Driver Ivan had been asked to move the replacement Drive-Motor over to the other end of the Paint-Line where Electricians had been contracted to change it out. I didn’t mind because that meant Two Fit People would be lifting that Hundred and Twenty Pound Motor rather than just me.

He joined as we were beginning the reassembly of the Piping to the Pump when it actually fell apart in our hands. It was not the Gasket that had been leaking but the Center Coupling was Eighty Percent Cracked through. The only reason it had lasted so long was that it was on a Suction Line.

We were scrambling to find Three Inch Fittings to make the repair. We were lucky to find old Piping to cut apart and splice together. It was while we were installing this New Spool (what it is referred as) we noticed the cause of the problem. The Pump had recently been moved and had not been installed in a straight line to the Valve on the Tank causing it to put undo stress on the Spool.

A One Hour Job turned into a Five Hour Nightmare that will have to be fixed with New Fittings at a later time.

We did managed to add the new Water Fill Line to the Number Nine Pump Tank as well as mounting the Upper and Lower Cross Tubes on the Manifold we installed last weekend. That meant we accomplished Three of the Five Jobs on my List before we punched out at 6:00. There is always another day for the others.

The 6 o’clock Local News was nearly over when I walk (crawled) into the Apartment. Kathy had everything cooked and was serving supper within minutes. We had Tasty Spare Ribs with Mashed Sweet Potatoes for our meal with Sliced Cantaloupe for dessert.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 88 F (31 C) for the day and could hit the Century Mark tomorrow, Thank Goodness I’m not working.

Even though my shower after supper felt wonderful I just looked up from writing this post and noticed I haven’t started washing my Dirty Coveralls yet. Guess what I’ll be doing before going to bed.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever used a hangnail as a tooth pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment