It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 3, 2021

Ready For The Weekend.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I was surprised to see Paul wearing a Jacket this morning when I walked into the Plant as I was quite comfortable with just my T-shirt and Shorts. Besides greasing the Drive-Motor, my Walk Around and repairing Carriers there were a few other challenges added to the mix. Helping the Powder Coat Operator repair his Vacuum System so it was once again operational and finding a crimped line on the Automatic Soap Feed to the Washer.

At 8:30 Paul gave me a box with the Parts that we only ordered yesterday afternoon. Then he told me I had packages waiting in the Shipping and Receiving. As soon as I shook the boxes it felt like it was Christmas. With everything arriving all at once there was a good possibility all these projects just might come together for tomorrow.

When I next saw Paul at 11:30 all the inside Pipes were glued as well as the Tape applied to the Threads in preparation of their installation. Hard to believe the Water Temperature causes leakage on Plastic Fittings screwed into Metal. He was able to dispel adding holes in the End Caps as suggested by the Line Leader. When I showed him how the Holes in the Pipes were offset so there would be no excess puddling he said I had it covered. He also said if we added the holes in the Caps it would cause too much pressure loss.

After greasing the Drive-Motor again it was time for my lunch. When I talked to Kathy she was just getting ready to go for her walk but she was thinking of taking a different route. Since the temperature has cooled down she doesn’t have to find someplace Air Conditioned to walk.

Back in the Compound I snatched up the box of Parts that would be used underneath the Washer. Before I retired if I was crawling under a machine nobody paid attention. People in this Plant watched as I shoved the box through an opening in the Pipes but they nearly came to a standstill when I followed it in. With the Parts laid out as if they were assembled allowed me to take some Final Measurements and add them to my sketch. I had noticed a number of feet stopping to look but I simply kept about my task. I did chuckle when I recognized Paul the Owner’s Sandled Feet pausing to see what was happening.

By the end of the shift all the Complicated Arrangements were completed with only the main connections to make. As for the Welding Machine Paul managed to borrow one that will do the job.

After stopping at the Motor City Community Credit Union to deposit my Pay-Cheque I walked in our Apartment minutes after 4:00.

The Weather Network showed we had a Humidex of only 75 F (24 C) with tomorrow being slightly warmer.

We had Breaded Chicken with Vegetable Rice for supper along with a Carrot Cupcake that Kathy baked yesterday for dessert.

Our 6 o’clock Local News today reported 87 New Coronavirus Cases bring the Active Cases to 519 in the Windsor/Essex Region. They also talked more about the upcoming Federal Election here in Canada.

I’m hoping that things go smoothly tomorrow so I’ll at least have a Two Day long weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think those yellow traffic signs that say "Slow children at play" means the kids in the area are not too bright.

3 comments: