It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 10, 2021

Another Challenge and Its Back.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After bringing in my gear I was again inside the Washer at the Plant before 6:30. This time without having to deal with the distraction of someone else talking to me I was able to get all the necessary measurements in order to make this project come together. I finally closed it up and headed back to the Compound by 6:55 allowing the Line-Leader to start it up.

Since I hadn’t greased the Drive-Motor I was going to work it into my Walk Around. I greased a couple of other Pumps along the way until Paul the Owner waved me over.

One of the Sump Pit Pumps had gone down the other day and someone had diagnosed the problem as a Starter Relay in the Panel. Together we managed to have it replaced within the Hour but when it came to testing the Pump it only started to smoke.

Pulling the connection I was told to bring the Pump to the Compound and remove the Motor. I took the time to grease the Drive-Motor like I had planned before getting the Tools to remove the Pump.

I had barely gotten to the Compound when Paul arrived to give me a hand to get it up to the Workbench. He then told me there would be Set-Screws coupling the Motor to the Pump before he headed to the Office.

Try as I might there was no Set-Screw to be found. I even scraped off all the Gunk that had formed over the years. Still no way of taking this apart. When told of this Paul’s face went pale and he stated what he was thinking “Then the Motor Arbour and Pump Shaft are one and the same”.

With lots of Penetrating Oil and another Two Hours of cussing under my breath it finally was apart. It was only at this time that Paul brought Kharen the Supervisor to the Compound so he could take a picture of the Motor Tag to order a new Winding. When you looked at the ends and saw Burnt Wiring there was no arguing what happen. I then had to box the parts of what used to be the Pump until the new Motor Winding comes in so it can be reassembled.

I finally had a chance to get back to the Washer Project that will link the Two Sections together. Being the only qualified Tradesman in the Plant I already have a List of Five Plumbing Jobs to complete tomorrow. We’ll see how that works out.

As I was removing my Filthy Coveralls Paul came to the Compound with my Cheque saving me the problem of chasing after it. He reminded me of the later start time for tomorrow but it’s still a day there and not out enjoying it with Kathy.

When I looked at the Amount I was pleasantly surprised. I stopped at the nearby Motor City Community Credit Union branch so I didn’t have to worry about getting to the main branch on time. Since the Coronavirus Outbreak they close earlier and are no longer open on Saturdays.

I stopped at Windsor Gas and Diesel to check on the status of the Truck. I had missed Jim’s call saying that it was ready. Remember that Cheque that made me smile? I just watched it all fly away.

I stopped at Guardian Storage to pick up our Mail but totally forgot there was an Amazon Package waiting for us.

I stopped at Staples office supply to pick up a replacement Power Supply for Kathy’s Laptop Computer.

When I got to the Apartment Kathy was already getting things ready for supper. She was surprised that the Truck was finished.

We had Salmon Fillets, Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Peas for our meal along with chopped Cantaloupe for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News hadn’t started yet when we were headed out the door on our way back to Windsor Gas and Diesel to pick up the Truck. Kathy was really excited because now she’ll have the Car to use and not be cooped up at home.

Kathy drove straight back to the Apartment while I went to the Pioneer gas station to fuel up the Truck. I parked the Truck directly next to the Car so my Tools could be moved over.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 79 F (26 C) around the time that I got home but it should feel slightly warmer tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know your getting old when the twinkle in your eye is merely a reflection from the sun on your bifocals.

No comments:

Post a Comment