It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Tuesday Turnaround Delaying Today’s Break.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As I was completing my Morning Walk Around I looked at where the Air Dryer was sitting. Even though it was in a better spot then yesterday I decided to move it even farther. In the end it was moved Ten Feet further East and Two Feet further South by simply using a Four by Four. By doing that it gives a wider path of travel next to it as well as getting it more in line with the Pipe that it would connect to.

Back on the main floor there were already a number of Carriers that needed a quick fix. As I returned a pair back to the Line a quick glance at a Rack told me that if it wasn’t tended to ASAP it would totally collapse. It wasn’t the design of the Rack itself but the fact that it had more then double the number of Carriers attached then it was designed to hold along with the poor condition of the Floor that was causing the problem.

Not having any full lengths of material to use I was forced to splice a couple of shorter lengths together. The Line Workers only emptied the bottom tier which meant I had to crawl under the remaining Carriers to make the modification. Once the Cross Piece was added additional Bracing were also included. It was rock solid when it was returned to the Paint-Line.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunch she was recovering from having pushed herself too much at the Storage Unit yesterday. Having used muscles that she hadn’t used in some time so now they were reminding her of their limited abilities.

There were more Carriers and Hangers that needed attention which would take me right to the end of the shift. If you recall that yesterday I reminded Kharen that my break started at 3:15 so I could wash up well he remembered. At 3:10 he told me to grab my Tape Measure and Writing Pad and to follow him.

This could have waited until morning but he wanted me to know he is the Supervisor and how he expects me to Pipe in the Air Dryer to the New Compressor that are on the Mezzanine floor. We didn’t get back to the Compound until 3:43 but that only means he moved my Break by a Half Hour and I’ll remind him of that tomorrow. I called to let Kathy know of the delay.

Moments after getting in the Apartment I was on the phone with our Pharmacy ordering what Medications we needed refilled. By calling today they should be ready for us to pick up on Monday after I get off of work.

For supper we had the Leftover Meat Pie from last night along with Niblet Corn as a side. We also had Fresh Sliced Peaches along with a Rice Crispy Square for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 29 New Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region bringing the total Active Cases to 281 of which 17 were Unvaccinated.

The Weather Network showed our temperature reached a high of 70 F (21 C) with much cooler night-time temperatures heading our way.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Life is a lot like jazz. It’s best when you improvise.

George Gershwin, American Composer.

3 comments:

  1. Ha. I think your supervisor has no clue who he's dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I still wonder if his dad doesn't own that place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.P.S: In Texas, I can look up who owns a company. I'll bet you can too in Canada.

    ReplyDelete