It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Making Progress, Mary Delayed, Break-Down and Severe Storm.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

The door was open when I got to work this morning so I just went about my normal routine of getting my Toolbox set up and Coveralls on. Then right before the Paint-Line was about to start I greased the Drive-Motor to give it a few more hours of use then went about my Morning Walk Around.

Back at the Maintenance Compound there wasn’t even any Carriers to repair so I set about putting things from the weekend away where the belonged. Working late on Saturday and as tired as we were as long as the Tools made it back to the Compound that was fine. When that was completed I was in the process of taking count of the Fittings needed to correct a miscalculation Paul stopped in. He seemed in a happy mood not his somber self. We agreed on the modification that would leave us with parts as Back-Up in case of other malfunctions.

When that was finished I checked for Carriers as well as the Drive-Motor before gathering the Piping for on top of the Roof of the Washer. Having deliberately left a Rope hanging over the side of the unit I tied the Pipes together before taking a long way to get up there. That was necessary because I didn’t have an assistant today but a number of the Line Workers were noticing that I was on top of the Washer. Once the Pieces were sub-assembled and measurements taken for more pieces everything went back to the Compound. Pieces were cut and gluing began on the Workbench.

I noticed it was my lunchtime so I took a breather. Since Mary from Healthy Heals was supposed to be at the Apartment taking care of Kathy’s Feet I didn’t call. I actually felt like part of my day was missing because of that.

Before long I was again making the trek back on top of the Washer but this time I was bringing the Glue with me. Making certain as to which pieces were being glued in what order bit by bit it all went together. This configuration completed the connection between the Pump on the outside of the Washer and the Manifolds inside. After creating a support pedestal that part of the job was completed.

I had just finished bolting part of the Drain assembly underneath the Washer when Paul called me over. One of the Paint Pumps Couplings exploded and needed to be replaced. Remember how I cleaned my Coveralls over the weekend. This morning they got dusty. This afternoon Congealed Paint stuck to them. Most of it I was able to peal off my soaking wet Coveralls.

It was past 4:30 when I punched out. I called Kathy to let her know where I was going. I stopped at Windsor Gas and Diesel to talk with our Mechanic Jim about the Truck. We’ll have it transported by a Tow Vehicle to avoid further damage. With the forecast of a Severe Storm heading our way that will wait until tomorrow.

It was shortly after 5:00 when I reached the Apartment. We had a Store Bought Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza for supper. I found our that Mary had been delayed and didn’t arrive until after 3:00. Next time I’ll call anyways and if she is there just say “Hello”.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed we had 71 New Coronavirus Cases along with 616 Active Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region mostly Unvaccinated.

The Weather Network showed we had a Humidex of 97 F (36 C) this afternoon. Now I know why I was sweating so badly.

Those were Black Clouds filling the sky at 7:15.

We headed out as soon as the News ended. With all the Tools I’ve added to my Light-Weight Plastic Toolbox the handle pulled through the top. We went to Canadian Tire where there were a number of different ToolboxesOn Clearance Sale” but were not practical. The one I chose is larger then I expected but will do the task.

From there we drove to Green Shield where Kathy was able to drop off her Claim Form. By the time we reached the Apartment it was starting a light Rain. We were barely inside when Thunder and Lightning put on a show for us.

In reply to the Comments about the Weight Loss lots of it was what I called Coronavirus Pounds. It was a matter of being too close to the Kitchen. I expected to loose weight and am feeling better for it. I never though to take any Before or After Pictures but can give you an idea of the loss. The pair of Dress Shorts I wear were snug and the Belt I was using was in the last hole. Any more weight and I would have needed a new Belt and Shorts. Now the Belt is lose in the fourth hole and the shorts fall off without unbuttoning the waistband. I would actually like to drop a few more pounds.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

At least one of the kitchen appliances on your front porch is more than forty years old.

4 comments:

  1. So what happened to Kharen, the supervisor??? Did he quit??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a smooth day. Who cares where Kharen is, maybe he isn't coming back. Most important that you are enjoying yourself these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was going to be my question too. K the supervisor. Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete