It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Getting Caught Up In Many Ways.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Being able to sleep in until 7:30 in the morning may not sound that exciting to most people but when that’s Two Hours later then your normal time it’s cause for celebration.

The first thing I did was to stir my Coveralls that were still soaking in the Bathtub. With the Water appearing to be clearer it was time for them to drain.

I was in the process of mixing Pancake Batter when Kathy came out to join me. She enjoyed her Chocolate Chip Pancake while I made my Buttermilk Pancake.

We’d barely moved to the Computers before I brought the Coveralls down to the Laundry Room. I was happy to see that the Room was completely empty giving me a choice of Washers to use. Once the machine was doing it’s thing I returned to the Apartment to start reading Blogs. With our night out on Thursday it put me way behind so that meant I’d be spending a lot of time sitting today.

I only stopped to retrieve the washed Coveralls and hang them to dry (like other Bloggers) in the Apartment. By drying them this way the Stains are not set like they would be in a Dryer giving me another chance at getting them out.

I accomplished more reading until lunch. We kept it simple with Split Pea with Ham Soup along with an Orange and Cookies for dessert.

Since we are trying to use as much of our perishable foods as possible we set up the Crock-Pot to cook supper while we be gone shopping. Suddenly Kathy started feeling Ill and after an uncertain hour she decided to stay home while sending me off to do what I could by myself.

Since the Vitamin Section of the Drug Store seem to be nearly bare on Seniors Day (Thursday) I was happy to see Three Employees stocking those same shelves this afternoon. I may not have gotten the Seniors Discount but managed to get all the Vitamins that were on my List and many were “On-Sale” so we still saved money.

I drove out to the new Princess Auto location. I didn’t go there to buy anything but to research Prices on Tools that were stolen and what we could use in the Maintenance Compound at work. I figured if I could present Prices of what the items would cost it might be an easier sell to Paul.

Next I swung by our Climate Controlled Storage Unit. With the temperatures dropping off I collected a couple of Spring/Fall Jackets that will help me at work.

I stopped at Dollarama where I picked up a few things from our Small Shopping List before going over to Zehr’s grocery store to finish the shopping.

When I arrived at the building there was a line up of vehicles waiting to unload so I parked in the lot and manually carried everything to the Apartment. It was past 5:30 when I delivered a Written Notification to the Office that I suspect our Refrigerator is about to break down. Hopefully it will be replaced before it stops working.

The Roast Pork with Green Beans and Potato were delicious with plenty of Leftovers for sandwiches and other meals.

The 6 o’clock Local News again only reported Provincial Coronavirus Cases but not for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed our temperature feeling like 77 F (25 C) today but I would disagree with that. Walking up the driveway the Wind is funnelled between our building and the next making it feel nearly frigid.

We both agree with the Comments made on yesterday’s Blog. That man definitely needs a lesson in dealing with Employees.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Sometimes I tuck my knees into my chest and lean forward. That’s just how I roll.

1 comment:

  1. Supper looks delicious, I need to pick up a small roast of pork soon. It has been a while since we've had it.
    Enjoyed the Krackers today. :)

    ReplyDelete