It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Not My Problem, Another Walk and Cooling Down.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

The morning temperatures are finally reflective of the time of year we are seeing. It was just about cool enough to wear a jacket but yet it was too warm at 59 F (15 C).

Having resolved the issue of how the Pipes would be attached to the Manifold also made for a more relaxed attitude when I reached the Plant. My only concern before the Paint-Line started was to clean and grease the Drive-Motor that we have babied throughout the week to make it last. There was a concern raised as the Mounting Frame seemed to have a different Bolt Pattern then the New Motor. That was quickly resolved with additional measuring.

After the Morning Walk Around there were already Carriers waiting for my attention when I got back to the Maintenance Compound. It still amazes the Line Leader how quickly I can twist them back into shape before returning them to the Line. I was then able to finish cutting and cleaning the Uni-Strut that will eventually hold the Pipes in position.

More Carriers kept appearing at the gate throughout the day but the minute I saw them they were taken care of. One time I was just retrieving one when Paul the Owner came along. I jokingly said someone was leaving me gifts. He walked away with a smile on his face.

I mentioned when the Plant was broken into that besides my Toolboxes they also took a few things belonging to the Company. One was the Small MIG Welding Machine that I was using on a number of jobs especially when inside the Washer.

I also mentioned that Paul likes to purchase used equipment On-Line for Pennies on the Dollar. Unfortunately Power Tools don’t always work. Recently he purchased a Heavy-Duty External MIG Wire Feeder that was still sitting on the Cart. After dusting it off and uncoiling the Thirty Feet of Cable it could have been perfect for this weekend but it wouldn’t work. The Drive-Motor on this unit was 120 Volt System. The Drive-Motor on our big MIG Welding Machine is only 24 Volts. The plug Connections are totally different making this unit Useless at this time.

It was time for lunch and there were no Bees outside to bother me. Talking with Kathy she had been busy baking some Carrot Cake Muffins with Pecan Icing. Once she would be finished she planned on going for another walk on the Ganatchio Trail.

After completing more Carriers and greasing the Drive-Motor I was finally able to talk with Paul about the Small MIG and the External Wire Feeder. I also mentioned that we need to weld Brackets inside the Washer before we can install the Manifold. He said that was his Problem and not for me to worry about.

He then brought me over to the Washer where he wants additional changes made to the Water Feed is. I spent the next Hour searching for usable Fittings. I did find a few more things that ended up in the Trash Dumpster instead.

Our apartment is on the Eighth Floor.
Truck awaiting our vacationing Mechanic. 

At home I learned that Kathy’s walk took her in the opposite direction today. She’s also feeling muscles reminding her they haven’t been used in a while.

For supper we had Salmon Fillets, Sliced Potato Rings and Corn along with the Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) to drink then topping it all off with one of those delicious Carrot Cake Cupcakes for dessert.

Our 6 o’clock Local News today reported 46 New Coronavirus Cases bring the Active Cases to 486 in the Windsor/Essex Region of which 4 were known to be Unvaccinated.

They also spoke of all the Storm Damage that is occurring in the US saying it is all from former Hurricane Ida.

The Weather Network showed we had a Humidex of only 81 F (27 C) with tomorrow being even cooler.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Knock, knock.

Who’s there?

Pavlov.

Just checking.

No comments:

Post a Comment