It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 24, 2021

Finding The Cause and Another Pat On The Back.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though the temperature was only 48 F (9 C) it felt strange not having to mop up any water in the Plant this morning. After repairing a few Carriers and my Morning Walk Around Paul stopped by the Maintenance Compound with a request. He asked me to take another look at one of the Roof Drains where we saw large amounts of water falling yesterday.

Making my way across the Mezzanine to the top of the Washer one of our big problems was about to be solved. When it was Raining yesterday there was very little light to see things with and water was dripping everywhere. This morning the Sunlight was shining in at just the right angle through the upper windows and you able to see exactly where the water was dripping.

When I reported to Paul that the Cast Iron Drain Pipe actually had splits in it he acted surprised but when I mentioned the Pipes freezing he knew why. When he purchased the building it had been vacant for Three Years with no Utilities and no Heat. They had dealt with a number of leaks in the early years but never thought of Drain Pipes freezing then would take so long to become a problem.

While I looked at the Drains on the North side of the building Kharen said “We already know there are leaks there so get back to the Compound and get busy”. He doesn’t like that Paul is watching out for me.

After my First Break I was back on the Roof to finish installing the last of the Panels where there were no Glass Panes. One was a little tricky because it had a Drain Pipe going through it. A little creative cutting and fitting and it won’t lose any heat this winter.

I also took a minutes to find large pools of Standing Water where the roof had not been repaired. At the time it had looked to be in good shape but it can’t handle these heavy Rains.

As I was coming down the Access Ladder I saw Kharen watching me. As I was coming down the stairs from the Mezzanine I saw Paul talking to him. After dropping the Tools back in the Compound I informed Paul the Window Panes were finished and about the Standing Water. For that I got a Smile, a pat on the Back and told to go for Lunch. I never saw Kharen the rest of the day.

When I called Kathy she had been busy reorganizing the Linen Closet but was happy that my job was going well. The rest of my shift was cleaning Nozzles that can be reused in the Washer. When I went to get my Pay-Cheque Paul asked what I’d be working on tomorrow then made a few other suggestions as well.

After stopping for our Mail at Guardian Storage I made a quick stop at Motor City Community Credit Union before heading home.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 33 New Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region which brought the Active Cases to 302.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 72 F (22 C) today even though it was a beautifully Sunny day.

For our late supper Kathy served Breaded Salmon with Perogies and Tomato Quarters with a Mixed Berry Crumble for dessert.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I used to be addicted to soap. I’m clean now.

1 comment: