It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Glad We Did.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt good to sleep until 8:12 this morning. I had everything ready to quickly serve breakfast when Kathy joined me, but she needed more sleep than I thought. As soon as she emerged from the Bedroom at 8:45 the day went into high gear.

I had already looked at The Weather Network and the Radar, noticing a repeat of yesterday’s Rain, so if we were going to get things accomplished, we would have to do it early. Remember that yesterday I sorted all our Reusable Shopping Bags, or so I thought. All night long I kept thinking, instead of sleeping, where were those Dollarama Bags.

After finishing our morning Coffees and lots of E-reading we noticed it was getting close to noon. Instead of just getting down the road and needing to buy lunch, we again shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Chicken Pizza. Quick to bake and we were heading out in less than Thirty Minutes.

I had both the Truck and Car Keys with me. First to start the Truck and add its share of Bags in the back seat. Since it has not had a good run in over a Month, I had Kathy sit inside so I would not see someone else driving it away. She always says the Truck is mine and the Car her’s. Next, I added the remaining Bags and our Two-Wheeled Folding Shopping Cart in the Cargo area of the Car. Kathy often shoves the extra Bags anywhere she can so when I emptied the Cargo area and looked in the back seat, I did not see the bags that the Car Wash Employees would find.

It felt good driving the Truck until it rolled over any Bumps. It felt like my Shoulder was being torn off each time and our City is full of Bumps and Potholes. Anyone with a newer Diesel Engine vehicle knows they are mainly meant for Highway use and if not, you will have problems. In order to fix it, we headed across town on the Expressway to start the Regeneration Process. Reaching the West-End of the City, it was a matter of exiting the Expressway and re-entering in the opposite direction. By then the Regen was going in full force so we drove all the way to Tecumseh’s Manning Road before exiting. That gave us the chance to see the progress on the Banwell Road Overpass, that has been under Construction for the last Two Years.

Though I was sore from all the bouncing, I managed to back the Truck into it’s assigned space in a single try. What did not go over well, was when I dropped my Keys on the pavement and the molded Bakelite Housing broke off the Truck Key. That is the second Key since April that this has happened to. I guess that after Seventeen Years, everything gets brittle.

It wasn’t until we got upstairs that I remembered the Reusable Shopping Bags still in the Car. Instead I pulled out the Lithium Batteries so I can use the Battery Powered Tools we have. I was not very happy when they all register as Deceased. I’ll bring them to The Battery Man this week to see if they can be rebooted.

We just at down at our Computers, when the room went dark. The forecast showed showers starting at 3:00 but we had a steady Rain for over an Hour, then a Thirty-Minute break before another Hour of Rain. Glad we did our chores when we did.

When it came time for supper, I told Kathy what I was going to make but she declined. Three choices were all turned down. When I mentioned sharing another Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Pizza for supper I got an instant Yes.

We later watched a few more episode on The History Network. Kathy is already in Bed and I hope to be there soon.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam including personal advertisements.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever passed an entire funeral procession.

No comments:

Post a Comment