It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Princess Auto, Route 42, Zehr’s and A Mystery.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I only leaned back in my Recliner for a few minutes before thinking I would be better of going to Bed. I barely remember my head hitting the pillow, before waking Nine Hours later. I didn’t waste too much time checking The Weather Network before starting to serve our breakfast snack. I wasn’t cautiously placing our Juice Glasses in the glass trivets, which meant the clicking sound could be heard under the Comforter that Kathy had pulled over her head to block out the light. By the time I was serving our Coffees on our Petrified Wood Trivets at our Computers, she was sitting at the table.

Kathy said she slept like a rock (that’s more normal) all night. I asked her about going for a ride after having our Coffees. I was still drinking mine, when she came out of the Bedroom, fully dressed, even before sipping on hers. I was coaxed to go get ready faster.

Canadian Readers and longtime Followers will recognize the name Princess Auto, that started a War Surplus Outlet that evolved into a competitor of many Hardware and Auto Supply outlets in Canada. Every Two Weeks they have discounts on lots of products, that vary from Tools, Trailer Parts, Farm/Ranch Supplies and Welding Supplies. None of that is important to me at the time, but a few things that might be useful for my upcoming Surgeries did. As typical the place was packed when we arrived so we went looking in the Surplus Section on our own. The problem with that area is the inconsiderate xxxs turn the shelves upside down. We managed to find the Camouflage Poncho Raincoats, that would easily slip over my head to keep me dry, but it was designed to blend into a Jungle. Scratch that idea. We finally asked an associate about a Battery Powered Shaver I could use while my Shoulder healed. She went directly where we had looked, pushed her hand into a pile of packages and pulled out exactly what we had been looking for. We had looked on he hooks.

It was past noon when we were going to head back to our end of the City when I asked Kathy if she was hungry. I already knew the answer before turning in to Route 42 Diner and Dairy Bar. Route 42, better known as Airport Road to many is having its name changed to Cabana Road East ahead of the construction of a New Hospital. Getting back to the Diner, if you are into Retro Diners, this is the place to go in Windsor. They are open Daily from 8:00 until 3:00 for Breakfast and Lunch. Though we did not visit the Dairy Bar today, they have an excellent choice of Ice Cream too choose from.

Choosing from their Extensive Menu, Kathy had a Grilled Cheese Sandwich along with their Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. I had a Toasted Western Sandwich along with the same soup. The entire time we ate, Kathy enjoyed watching the movie “Kissin Cousins” starring a very young Elvis Presley, who she actually was able to meet when she was very young. For such a simple lunch, we were well satisfied. Even with a Tip, it cost less than some Fast Food Outlets.

As we came out, the first thing Kathy noticed were all the Dark Clouds in the direction of home. That did not stop me from going to the Zehr’s grocery store for a few things I missed yesterday. The clouds had gotten darker by the time we came out. Kathy stayed with me to haul everything in using our Folding Two Wheeled Shopping Cart. I just looked out again and the pavement is still dry.

After getting everything put away we had just sat down, when our son Ken called to see how we were doing.

Lunch filled us up so much we didn’t eat anything until after 6:30 just on time for a “Mystery Movie” came on,

I definitely have my work cut out for tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your trash collector isn't sure about what stays and what goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment