Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to enlarge.
It was unbelievable that the first night of sleeping on an Ergonomically Designed Pillow, after laying my head down, I only moved twice in Bed, before waking this morning. It’s supposed to eliminate the need for a CPAP Machine, but since I am at such a high setting, I can only hope. I was finishing my E-Reading before I woke Kathy from a very sound sleep. Most mornings she says that it is too Cold because we leave the AC run the entire night, It does have an advantage, because then Kathy is not kicking the blankets off. This morning, as soon as I got out of Bed, I shut it down just long enough to take the Chill out of the air, When I kissed her good morning, she claimed my lips were too Hot. A first time for everything.
After our breakfast snack we finished our morning as we typically do, drinking our Coffees at our Computers. I also made a phone call that was meant to be helpful, though giving me plenty of old fashioned paperwork, that by the end of the day would all be for not.
We enjoyed Toasted Tomato and Cheese Sandwiches garnished with Olives along with Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert. I mentioned to Kathy that we would go for a ride, do some shopping (Walking Exercise) and have supper out. As I used the Bathroom, the Apartment grew silent. By the time I came out and looked outside, I only saw the back end of our Car going up the ramp.
For the second time in Three Weeks, Kathy was on an adventure. I promised our granddaughter I would not use this as fodder, but what I have been doing this for lately, was to make people aware of what can happen. Part of the problem is the partners (Me) think they can keep it under control, but change happens in the blink of an eye. One moment it’s like a bright spring day walking in the park and the next, you are the cause of all the problems in the world, and it can wear at you. I had people willing to help out, but between my lack of sleep and being the cause of everything going on, I lost it and told everyone to back off, instead of saying yes. Sorry will never fix that loss.
Another thing that bothered me, was that I did not see these changes happening, until a Month before retiring for the last time. The only reason I kept working was I was being told we needed the Money. Today someone told me they saw the changes over Five Years ago. I thought I was paying attention, but how could I when I was working. Was it worth it? No, because we lost that time away from one another and will never get it back.
Now we have even more appointments then we had before. There will be more Technology applied that past generations did not have as Safeguards. Having gone through the scowlings of a loved one suffering from Cancer was a walk in the park compared to someone fighting with Dementia. Many RV Bloggers that we have personally met or would have liked to meet, are affected by this terrible Thief of one’s memory.
At the end of the day, our Livingroom had more people in it, that Three Weeks ago. I was again the villain in this love story, but by Bedtime it was almost as if we were Newly Weds again.
We’ve had these Cell Phones for Five Years now, and I just learned how to choose who’s phone numbers I wanted as Favourites. I will look forward to writing about some of our very early Camping Trips and getting a new Photo Shop so I can start back filling some stockpiled Pictures.
Side Note: I can really relate to tonight's Words of Inspiration.
Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.
Be Safe and Enjoy!
It’s about time.
Krackers
Words of Inspiration
Satisfaction consists in freedom from pain, which is the positive element of life.
Arthur Schopenhauer, German Philosopher
I was my husband's caregiver for over 9 years and had many similar experiences. Please hide the car keys before there is an accident, someone is hurt and you are sued when they find out about Kathy's illness. Here in the states, the doctor can pull the drivers license because of the dementia. Take care.
ReplyDelete