It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Time.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After getting things set up yesterday, for and early start today, I made the choice to make it even earlier. Some might wonder why I would do that and the answer is quite simple, Time.

The Feedscrew that I would be welding on the Plasma Transfer Arc was Twenty-Four Feet long and weighed in at Three Thousand Pounds. By running Two Burners it would still take nearly Two Hours before the welding could begin, but there was plenty of prep work to be done. The First Zone was 137 Inches long and took Four Hours to complete. The Mixer on this Unit was unlike anything I had welded before with Four Mixer Flights that took Forty-Five Minutes each. The final Zone was only Seventy Inches long and took over Two Hours. After a few touch-ups I was finally able to bury it in the Sandbox for the long cooling process. I only saw Mile at 5:00 in the morning and a few times that I looked over the Welding Curtain. He never even came around to see how I was doing.

I had talked to Kathy while monitoring the PTA, and reminded her, I wanted to go pay for the Truck Repairs from last week. I managed to punch out at 4:15 today.

When I pulled in at Windsor Gas and Diesel, I found everyone busy inside. When I mentioned about not wanting to leave my bill outstanding, Jim simply said he trusted me, but he also appreciated that I could wait for the bill, because last week was busier than he could imagine. I’ll need to work another week just to offset that cost, but like I have said in the past, Jim will not try to push unnecessary repairs on any of his customers. I even called him from Arizona for advice once about the Truck.

It was Raining the entire day so I was quite wet by the Time I got in the Apartment. Kathy served up Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls on Vegetable Rice for supper, along with Tuxedo Cake for dessert.

The weather forecast changed from what was stated yesterday. Like I said it was like a roller coaster ride, but at least it’s green and warmer.

Now I’m going to use some Time to catch up on my sleep.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You take a fishing pole to Sea World.

1 comment: