It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Three Down and Heart Not Heat.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Mile was feeling slightly better today when I spoke with him, though he did look worn down from the discomfort. The cooler temperatures we had yesterday had really aggravated his Shingles. Most of us have the seed in our bodies, after having had Chicken Pox as children. What most people don’t realize is that Stress is a trigger for many diseases as well as the Shingles. Not only does Mile work with us on the shop floor, but he also deals with all the issues of running a business.

Fortunately, I was able to start the Burner on the Feedscrew that I didn’t get to yesterday, before the start of the shift. Double checking the numbers that I had entered has now become a habit. After adding them to the PTA Spreadsheet, I also write them down. This morning there were Three that had changed. I was able to hit the “Begin to Weld” button by 7:20 and other than the first Transition needing adjustment and repair, I was burying that Screw in the Sandbox by 10:00.

With Three Identical Two Inch Diameter Screws to weld, once the measurements are entered for the first one, the others are done much quicker. The PTA ran decently, but because of past antics, I cleaned the Torch and check the numbers between each Unit. No changes were found before the Second but more were before the final Feedscrew.

Mile was surprised when he came around at 3:00 that I had just buried the last of the set and was loading another Larger Unit to do tomorrow.

After stopping at Motor City Community Credit Union to deposit my Cheque, I headed straight home. I even managed to read a few Blogs before making space in the Refrigerator. We had Leftover Stir-Fry in the form of Veggie Wraps for supper with Leftover Iced Tea and the last Two pecan Tarts for dessert.

Kathy laughed when she found a mistake in last night’s Post. I mentioned that she was wearing a Heat Monitor. Now I think she is Hot but her Cardiologist just used a Heart Monitor. It has been corrected.

I don’t expect any problems at work tomorrow, but am looking forward to our Victoria Day Long Weekend. That will help me get some of my own work accomplished.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your `huntin dawg' cost more than the truck you drive him around in.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the time off. Also, note that my blog has returned to blogger... theroguelesstravelled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete