It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, May 5, 2023

Long Welding Day and Nearly Going Down.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As mentioned in yesterday’s Blog I had a very early start this morning. Mile never questioned what was on my agenda, because I seemed to know of repairs that he was unaware of.

The first thing I did was to start heating the Feedscrew that did not get started yesterday because the PTA had messed up. I then walked over to the Inspection Bench where I would spend an Hour repairing a New Unit that the CNC Mill tried to reshape. That is the advantage of working with metal, if you take too much off, it can be replaced.

There was more prep work at the Plasma Transfer Arc before the actual welding started, but the “Begin to Weld” button was pushed before 7:00. Surprisingly the process ran perfectly leaving a nice consistent build up. If this had been a New Channelled Unit more Amperage and Powder could have been used, allowing me to complete the task in Five Fours. With a Rebuild, lower Amperage and Powder feed are needed so not to destroy the original base. Then multiple layers of material are added, in this case Four to achieve the Quarter Inch build up.

With less than Two Inches of weld to complete, the Torch suddenly went out. The Error Message on the display panel said it all, there was No Argon Gas. It would have taken another Hour to fix that problem, so it was put in the Sandbox. Those final Inches will be done with the TIG Welder on Monday. It was 5:45 when I punched out.

Having spoke to Kathy at lunch time and when leaving the Plant, I stopped at a nearby Restaurant to pick up Fish and Chips for supper. Because of the problem I am experiencing with my leg I sat waiting for the order. When the order was ready when I went to stand up my leg nearly folded under me, because I had left my Walking Stick in the Truck. The Waitress was so concerned that she offered to carry it out for me. Talk about being embarrassed.

It was 7:00 before I walked in the Apartment. T.G.I.F.!

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Know You're Over The Hill When You light the candles on your birthday cake and a group of campers form a circle and start singing Cumbaya.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, fish & chips!!! Hmmmm..... guess what we'll be having for lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to tell you, but my pride took a bigger hit than yours did. I fell in my bathroom and had to call 911 to get me back up. I was beyond embarrassed. But I sure hope you can get that leg fixed soon. Fish and chips sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you retire before your work destroys your body & makes it impossible for you to travel or enjoy your retirement years. Welding sounds like a horrific job & whatever they pay you is definitely Not enough.! Wishing the best for You & Cathy - maybe you can enjoy the Kentucky Derby today. Always bet on the gray.!

    ReplyDelete