It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Repairs, Scrap and Making Adjustments.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I’ve mentioned before that I am just learning this type of Tool and Die Welding along with its Terminology, even though I have done others over the years. Yesterday I mentioned that I had been welding on the Mixer Flights on that particular Feedscrew, where I was in fact welding on the Secondary Flights that run parallel to the Main Flight, but sit slightly lower and are slightly thinner. I also learned today, that the Stainless Steel Augers we make are used in mass producing Pizza Dough.

First thing this morning I had Planned on welding the last Four Inches of that Unit I started yesterday. I had already built Nine Inches of the Secondary Flights above the Main Flights, but when Mile saw it he wanted even More. There was no reason to do most of it, but since he signs my Cheque at the end of the week I did as I was told. Paul our Controller was not happy but he wasn’t signing my Cheque. After starting at 7:10 this morning it would pass Mile’s inspection at 12:15.

It was nice talking to Kathy at lunch. I reminded her of my after-work appointment and that I would pick up supper on the way home.

The rest of the day was spent moving things around with the Crane, including adding Three Feedscrews in the outside Scrap Bin. There will be at least Two more heading there tomorrow.

It was only 3:33 when I punched out, but with the all the Bumper-to-Bumper Traffic it was 4:10 by the time I walked into Wyandotte Chiropractic Center. Luckily, Richard was just finishing up with another Patient. After he reviewed the Questionnaire and my own Medical History Sheets he had me do some simple everyday movements all while observing my movement and asking more questions as he did so. In his opinion it was not a Pinched Nerve in my back but a developing problem with my Hip. After numerous Pressure Adjustments to Both Hips I was able to walk to the Truck carrying my Hiking Stick freely rather than depending on it. I have some assigned Exercises to do to help alleviate the problem. He hopes to have me back to the Gym soon.

Today was Ronald McDonald Day which means anything purchased today, a portion of that goes to support the Ronald McDonald House which is where parents can stay while their children undergo Medical Treatments at the Sick Kids Hospitals. We had Fillet of Fish Meals, along with Chocolate Sundaes.

It was nearly 5:30 when I walked in the Apartment. Kathy was just happy she didn’t have to cook supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed we are definitely going to have Spring Weather including the wet stuff.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think mud rasslin' should be an Olympic sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment