It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Making Progress and Time Changes Everyone.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Every time I heard the expression “Getting old is not for Sissies” I would thank my lucky stars that I wasn’t that bad. Over the last Month with everything that both Kathy and I have been going through, we totally understand what that statement is talking about.

We only did the necessary shopping yesterday and were paying for it, when we got out of bed this morning. We spent most of the morning reading other RV Blogs that we follow, and commenting to one another “Remember when we did that”? When we really thought about it, that was only a few years ago.

After a lite breakfast and moderate lunch we were soon out the door. Today we took the Truck and headed to Guardian Storage. We ended up checking the Storage Units, before going to the Trailer. Kathy reminded me of a few repairs that I already knew about.

We would spend over an Hour dismantling a Shelf at the head of the bed that the former owner’s husband had messed up. When he reinstalled the shelf at an angle it stopped the mattress Four Inches from the wall. With it now removed I can see what is needed to make it right. We made a List of things we need to address.

Thinking of an early supper we swung by Burger King to find it under renovation. We wanted to eat in so passed on the idea.

Wanting to check out a Tool that would make doing things on the Trailer easier, we stopped at the nearby Canadian Tire. The most convenient place to park was by this 68 Oldsmobile Cutlass. We were both admiring it, when the owner showed up. I commented on the nice ride he had.

In an instant he asked if I was Rick Rousseau. Time changes us all and I didn’t recognize John. We had been neighbours for Ten Years, but it has been over Twenty since I had seen him last. He just recently purchased the Olds from Oklahoma and had it shipped. Bit by bit he is working on the car and plans to restore it.

The tool I looked at was way too expensive so it will stay on the shelf for someone else to buy.

We stopped at Wendy’s where we both had what we wanted for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News didn’t have much to report other than more beautiful weather heading our way.

With another day off tomorrow, we’ll see how that goes.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when you talk about "good grass" and you're referring to someone's lawn.

2 comments:

  1. I recall many years ago,my father saying “ if you’re going to get old,you had better have a sense of humour “.Now that I’m at that age,like you folks,he wasn’t kidding! Look forward to your modifications on this trailer & trust you both feel better.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have no need to eat at the fast food chains as we are usually at home for lunch and dinner. However, recently we were taking trips and I bought lunches at those establishments and the prices almost knocked me off my socks. I guess we haven't had those in a long time lol.

    ReplyDelete