It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, May 6, 2023

Leftovers, Ditches and Pets.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After waking at my new normal time it felt wonderful to roll over and get extra sleep. When we finally did get up we simply enjoyed a Banana and our Coffee while at our Computers. The weather was comfortable enough that we had the Windows open to clear the air in the Apartment.

When it came time for lunch we had Leftover Fish from last night’s Fish and Chip dinner, along with some Pineapple and Leftover Tuxedo Cake. All that helped make space in our Fridge.

When we finally headed out it was 68 F (20 C) making it extremely comfortable, with all the signs of Spring popping out everywhere. Our first stop was the Storage Units at Guardian Storage so I could get some Tools, before heading to our daughter Karen’s in Tecumseh.

Along the way we found someone having a bad day, that ended up in a ditch. That was the second time I had seen something like that in as many days.

Karen had a Metal Outdoor Room Divider that she wanted to change slightly. She made certain that I was comfortable and assisted me in every way possible.

The material itself, I had to make the brackets would have to be extended. That’s when we both decided on taking a different approach. In the end we drilled holes along the lip of the Pails, so they can be Zip-Tied to the Divider. Karen had thought of that before, but when I brought my portable welding machine she changed her mind. I cleaned the rust off the Divider, so it can be Spray Painted before mounting the Pots and their Flowers.

Even though I hadn’t done much, Karen invited us to stay for Pizza and a Visit. Both were excellent, especially when we talked about Pets. Kathy and I have had many Pets over the years but decided to enjoy everyone else’s, when we started travelling.
Part of the new Electric Vehicle Battery Plant under construction.

When we said our Good-Byes, we drove back to Guardian Storage and put the Tools back in the Storage Unit. Considering it was One Year tomorrow, when someone broke into the Truck, and stole my Tools. We didn’t want a repeat.

Afterwords we stopped for an Ice Cream Cone at McDonald’s. It was past 7:30 when we got home.

My leg again gave out on me, while using my Hiking Stick, walking from the Truck to the Building. It’s easy to understand how seniors, (I am one) have problems walking or even standing as we age. (Right Sandie?)

With the forecast for nasty weather tomorrow, we’ll simply play it by ear.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

The hood and one door are a different colour from the rest of your car.

2 comments:

  1. I truly don't understand how you can keep going at work like you do. I really admire your fortitude. I'm lucky if I can go 15 feet to the kitchen. It's nice you're able to help Karen with her project. Rest today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, those legs give out on us as we age. (or so I'm told) lol

    ReplyDelete