It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

For The Better.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When Mile told me to start welding on the Ten Inch Bearing Surface this morning, I reminded him about my Chiropractor’s Appointment at 4:00. I also pointed out that it is better to weld it all in one day, so that it does not have to be heated over gain. Since it will take more than a regular shift to do, I mentioned coming in early on Thursday so I can go home on time for supper. I then mentioned that there are always repairs to keep me busy. No truer words were ever spoken.

After a couple of quick touch-ups I finished removing the Plastic from the Feedscrew I have used as a fill in job for the last week. It was only moments later that touch-ups and repairs suddenly started piling up.

They were taken care of quickly and had the Machinists smiling as they finished those jobs. Then there was an Oops. If you recall I did Three Identical Units last Thursday. The CNC Mill Operator cut one differently, making the Mixer deeper than it was supposed to be. It was Four Hours of metal replacement, that kept everyone away from the Inspection Bench.

It was after 2:00 when I set up the Ten Inch Feedscrew in the PTA and filled in the numbers on the Spreadsheet. Since it weighs close to Three Thousand Pounds, I made certain the Safety Stands were in place before leaving for the day.

It was minutes after 4:00 when I arrived at Wyandotte Chiropractic Center. I barely sat down when Richard ushered me into a room. We discussed the Night-Time Discomfort and the Pain after working. Then he set me up on the moving table to loosen me up. When I walked in, the Pain Level was at a Ten, but when Richard’s voice brought me back from a comfortable Snap, it was down to an Ache. After more Pulling, Pushing and Twisting, I walked out like nothing was wrong.

I picked up supper on the way home. I am looking forward to not having to do that someday soon.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself.”

John Milton, English Intellectual

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing that the chiropractor can do some magic and you are pain free after the treatment. I almost think it is all work related and time for you to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete