It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Shipping Gripes.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It might not seem like much to many, but an extra Hour of sleep to anyone who works unpredictable hours, it means a lot.

Another thing I have to find a way to better protect myself from the heat that is emitted from the Burners at work. Not only are the Feedscrews being heated but everything around. On the larger Units that require the use of Two Burners, there is enough heat generated that in the Winter the building heaters shut off after an Hour of the Burners being turned on. With the Plasma Transfer Arc not being Trustworthy to follow its program and the need to constantly move the Burners, the operator (me) is constantly exposed to that heat. As I’ve said to others, myself and whatever is in me, is being cooked for whatever time it takes to complete the job. That changes your bodily functional needs, which has you scrambling to meet them.

Today, I would only touch-up Three Feedscrews. One took nearly an Hour while the other Two, about Five Minutes each. All these Units have a Part’s Number stamped in their Shanks, and they all started with 14135, but varied by 01, 03, and 04.

Did I forget to tell you how Mile was griping at everyone, as we worked together to get all Five of the 14135 Screws ready for shipment. Since there was little for me to weld today, I was helping to Crate the Units, then move them near the Shipping Door. Mile actually passed his finger over the PTA Torch Cooler in my area and said that it was too dusty. Good thing I had just cleaned it this morning.

As the last Unit was being Crated, with more than enough help I made my exit at 3:42. Walking from the Plant to the Truck, I got quite wet from the Rain.

By the time I stopped at Walmart it had nearly stopped. I went in to pick up additional Tortilla Wraps for supper. Kathy had told me she could not find them at this store and I soon discovered why. First they had Gluten-Free Bread, then Pita Bread, next were the ready made Pizza Breads, then there were a dozen different Sandwich Breads, then Hotdog and Hamburger Buns, all before getting to the Tortilla Wraps next to the Shipping Door. I hadn’t realize there were that many Bread Products before today.

I had nearly dried off during the Fifteen Minutes inside the store, but the moment I stepped outside, it was like I was in the shower. Ten Minutes later I was parking the Truck for the night and the pavement was dry.

After getting cleaned up I started chopping vegetables to make a Stir-Fry. By the time it was ready the 6 o’clock Local News was finished. I think we were so Hungry, that we were no longer Hungry.

We enjoyed our Veggie Wraps for supper, along with a slice of Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did the pop star do when she locked herself out?


She sang until she found the right key.

No comments:

Post a Comment