It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, May 1, 2023

A Different Kind Of Birthday Celebration.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

A big Thank You to all those who posted Birthday Wishes on yesterday’s Blog. As mentioned, we have been celebrating our Birthdays in that fashion since we have been together, over Twenty Years.

Back at the Plant, Mile said they needed the New Feedscrews welded and since he had nixed the idea of mounting the larger Unit in the PTA last Friday, I’d be better off completing the smaller ones first. That would give the Machinist time to get the Four already in the Sandbox, out. It would give me a laugh later in the day because, they could not locate one that was so close to the others.

As custom in our Plant even though it was my Birthday, it was my turn to buy Donuts and Coffee for the rest of the crew. I have enjoyed this benefit on other’s Birthdays, so it was only right that I reciprocate in kind. It was like a family gathering for the Ten Minutes we all got to walk away from our jobs, and our boss was right there with us.

The Plasma Transfer Arc was back to playing games on the first Screw welded this morning. The change of course were not as extreme as before but it kept changing the rate of Powder Flow. I had to go over a Three Foot section of Flight that came out flat while the rest had the Domed Top needed. When the Powder would cool down the contraction would make the height of the Flights undersized. When I later started welding the Mixer, the Torch started putting more Powder than was necessary. Then with the slightest adjustment, we faced the same problem as the Flights.

I was just sitting down to have lunch, something that I rarely do, when I got a phone call from my Family Doctor. He had the results of my X-rays, that showed deterioration of some of the Lombard Disc that could be the cause of my Leg Pain. He’ll know more for certain when I have the Ultra-Sound, but will try to find a Chiropractor to help me out.

I finally got the chance to talk with Kathy before having to go switch the Feedscrews on the PTA. I actually got lucky because I only needed to change one dimension on the program I used last week for other Units of the similar size. Since it was a late start it was also a late finish.

I managed to get the second Twenty-Four Foot Feedscrew mounted in the PTA before punching out at 5:15, after working a Ten Hour Shift. Not the best way to spend your Birthday but, by doing so will shorten my shift tomorrow.

I stopped at Arby’s to pick up supper on the way home.

I walked in the Apartment just as the 6 o’clock Local News was starting. Our weather for the next week really looks like a roller coaster but it’s looking like next weekend will be in our favour.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Dogs can’t do MRI scans, but cats can.

3 comments:

  1. My late husband had severe pain down his hip into his leg from a damaged L5. They can do repairs now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have deteriorating or damaged lumbar discs they could well be the cause of your leg pain, you should consult an Orthopaedic surgeon. There are surgical procedures that can repair the damaged discs that are pressing on the nerve causing the pain in your leg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could learn Reiki (or Kathy could) and she could treat you at home. Udemy.com has courses online, and I purchased mine for about $25. Beware though, that every time you look (without clearing cache) the price goes up so bookmark the cheap price the first time your on the site. My friend bookmarked it when I warned her and got it for the cheap price. You don't have to believe it works for it to work. Trust me, it works!!!

    ReplyDelete