It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, May 15, 2023

Another Fill-In, Lending A Hand and Loosening Up.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I am looking forward to the day that I will once again “Retire”, for the time being I am enjoying the lighter workload and shorter workdays. When I walked into the Plant this morning, I was surprised to see the Feedscrew that I had filled the Centering Hole on Friday, already mounted on one of the Large Lathes. The Balancing Collar had already been mounted but the new Centering Hole had yet to be made.

I found a couple of quick touch up jobs that kept me busy until the first Break. I was about to return to the cleaning job, that had also been started last week when I was told the other Ten Inch Feedscrew was ready to have its Centering Hole filled. Unlike the one done on Friday this would only take Two Hours to completely fill. On Friday, someone had thought it necessary to enlarge the Hole, that took over Three Hours to fill. (Why????)

The rest of the day would amount to small jobs, for me, so the Machinists on the CNC Mill could do their complicated cutting.

We have had a new Inspector since December. Having graduated from the University of Windsor in Engineering and still going to School, Vic has plenty of Student Loan, but doesn’t have a Car. Every day at the end of the shift he actually runs from the Plant to North Talbot Road then to Walker Road to catch the City Bus. Even though it saves him from walking it still takes Two Hours before he gets home.

Since I had another appointment with the Chiropractor, I offered him a ride all the way to Walker Road and Wyandotte Street. He gladly excepted and we had the chance to talk until we got there. He had never driven in a Truck like ours. Before I dropped him off he said he would be home an Hour early. It was my pleasure especially since I was heading in that direction, I didn’t mind lending a hand.

At Wyandotte Chiropractic Center, Richard was busy but was able to set me up while he finished with another patient. I never suspected that his Table/Bed could do things such as move while he was in the other room. It did accomplish what he wanted it to do and that was to Loosen Up my Back. Just like the last time there was some discomfort during the treatment as well as after, but by the time I walked in the Apartment, I was having no issues.

Now we just have to deal with more appointments through the remainder of the Week.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why is the letter B cool?


Because it’s sitting in the AC.

1 comment: