It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Didn’t Know.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I felt discomfort while at Wyandotte Chiropractic Center yesterday, I was feeling the benefits after leaving. Even this morning I only had my Hiking Stick with me “In Case” my leg would give out on me. It collected dust inside my locker throughout the day.

Yesterday, I was told to put some Feedscrews into the Scrap. So after checking out the Scrap Bin that was where they were disposed of. Two More had been earmarked as well, so this morning with the help of Rick the driver, they also rested in the Bin.

Since there was no welding afterwards, Mile assigned me the task of cleaning parts to be used on a Rebuild Assembly. He could not believe how quickly it was accomplished.

Right after our morning break my assignment changed to filling a Centering Hole. Those are only used during the machining and finishing process. Once that is completed the Hole is filled and the Nose of the Screw is cleaned up. With only a few interruptions for other touch ups it would take nearly Two Hours to make certain there were no Cracks or Pinholes.

After speaking with Kathy at lunch, I was told to spot a couple of Oops caused by the CNC Machinists. It was while I was finishing up that Mile came to inquire where I had put the Scrap Units. After my response he told me they should have been piled by the building. At the end of the year a different Bin is brought in to haul them away. He used the excuse it was a different processing for the Screws in comparison to the Shavings. (I know they pay more for Solid Metal that they do Shavings.)

Suddenly I looked around to find myself alone in the shop. Everyone else was outside, including Mile on the Forklift, fishing those Scrap Feedscrews out of the Scrap Bin. I joined the party to help fix what I didn’t know I did. After the task was finished everyone went inside so I stayed outside closing things up and moving the Forklift. Mile was standing there shocked when he saw me driving. I offered him the Truck back but instead he told me to bring it to the front of the building. (My Resume does not mention my being a Production Driver for nearly Two Years.)

It felt good being out at 3:30. After stopping at the Bank to deposit my Cheque, I went to the Bell Outlet inside the Tecumseh Mall. Since neither Kathy or I are really Techies I made a minor change to my account. I also learned how to silence unwanted Notifications.

I stopped at Wendy’s where I picked up supper. Instead of French Fries, Kathy had a Caesars Salad and I had Chilly. Using an Insulated Shopping Bag helps keep everything the Temperature it should be.

The modifications to our Balcony Railing are nearly finished, but they still have not repaired the Corner Post that is rusted out at the bottom.

According to the Weather Guesser on the 6 o’clock Local News things could be very damp for the next Four Days.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Can a match box?


No but a tin can.

No comments:

Post a Comment