It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

More and Apartment Building Upgrades.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Since it felt so good not going in to work early yesterday, I chose to to the same again today. Mile knew I would find things to do on my own, but he did make a suggestion. There were no jobs that needed to be run on the Plasma Transfer Arc, so that meant I would be busy doing TIG welding most of the day.

The Feedscrew that I would start the day off working on, would be the one that I would finish the day with. There were a number of smaller Units that needed quick touch-ups, so I would simply cover the other with Welding Blankets in order to hold in the heat needed to stop it from cracking.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunchtime, she was going to go walk around Canadian Tire for exercise and a change of scenery. It looked like I would be done the Screw soon and did not anticipate having to stay over.

I was in the middle of changing the Argon Cylinder with the Crane, when Mile came to check on the job. This is one the CNC Machinist made a Big Oops taking material from where they shouldn’t have. My task was to add material on the Mixer Flights that are normally lower and narrower than the Main Flights. Even though I had already accomplished that, Mile insisted I add More Height and More Width. I still had another Hour to complete the assignment but when I saw everyone else heading for their lockers at 3:30, I packed it in for the day.

It felt good to be home shortly after 4:00. The New Apartment Management Company has been busy doing all kinds of upgrades since taking over. Last year they had the Parking Lot resurfaced, and through the Winter they redid the Carpeting and Tiles inside the Lobby and all the Halls. They had all the Elevators upgraded and now they are Power-Washing all the Balconies. Today I watched from the Parking Lot as Two workers painted while a third was welding Balcony Railings in need of repair. Our’s needs a new post.

Neither of us were really hungry so we shared a Medium Store-Bought Thin-Crust Chicken Pizza for supper.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why don’t pirates know the alphabet?


They always get stuck at C.

2 comments:

  1. Living through a reno can be tiring. I was working for Boardwalk years and years ago when they changed out carpets in all the halls... nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you quit work at a decent time....sounds like there will always be stuff to do there, even if you forge ahead and do more than required, it won't be likely that you'll be standing around waiting...And it's nice the new owners of your building are doing some maintenance.

    ReplyDelete