It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Detector Replaced.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It wasn’t a perfect night’s sleep but with the high Southwest Winds rattling our Balcony Railing I was lucky to have slept at all. Since Kathy takes her Hearing Aids out before going to bed, she didn’t hear a thing.

It had rained overnight when I looked out, but that was far better than the original forecast of an All-Day Rain.

I have to Thank Jim for noticing my mistake about the Cargo Ship taking out the Bridge in Baltimore not Philadelphia. That’s what I get for writing a Blog when I’m tired. I did correct yesterday’s Post.

This turned out to be a busier day than expected. When I brought our Recycle out to the Bins, I noticed the Office door open. Since I hadn’t been able to talk to Mary about our Faulty Smoke Detector, I did this morning. She kept saying to just change the Battery, but when I told her Three New Batteries did the same, she immediately called the Company Maintenance Man. By Law the Owners of the building are required to maintain all Alarms in working order, or they could be heavily Fined.

I needed something to warm me up so we had Split Pea Soup for lunch, before I started sorting our Laundry. Two Weeks seem to fly by.

After getting everything in the Washers I got back to the Apartment just on time for John the Maintenance Man to arrive. The New Smoke Detector he installed has a Lifetime Battery (10 Years) at which time the entire unit is replaced.

I managed to have everything folded and back in the Apartment before 4:30. Kathy had been busy Cleaning while I was away.

The first thing on the 6 o’clock Local News was more on the Bridge Disaster. Sadly only Two of the Missing Workers were recovered.

When I later looked up the location, it made me realize just how much of a problem this will cause. The channel can not be cleared until the Investigation is complete and there are a lot of Ships that are stuck in port. It also disrupts Vehicular Traffic but there are alternative routes that can be taken.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."

Charlotte Whitton, Canadian Mayor of Ottawa

3 comments:

  1. Yup there goes the prices of fuel for the year till the bridge is fixed or cleared. It is sad that people lost there life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, you're welcome. Cheers!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing the newer smoke detectors are upgraded. Changing the batteries seemed so old fashioned with todays technology.

    ReplyDelete