It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, March 15, 2024

Don’t Believe Everything You Read.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Yesterday I mentioned picking up more Nighttime Sleep Medications at Shoppers Drug Mart, but I thought that I would try something different. According to everything I had read about the product, it was supposed to be better than what I was using. Don’t believe everything you read.

My head barely hit the pillow before I fell asleep, for an entire Hour. Laying there, with my mind started racing, about anything and everything, my Hip/Leg Pain, working on the Trailer, the changing Weather, things I’d worked on in the past. No matter what I tried, sleep just would not come, as a fact I became even more awake the harder I tried to sleep.

Out of desperation at 6:00 I took the original Nighttime Mickey Meds, knowing full well that sleeping in could occur. Even with Two Doses of sleep aids, I was setting things up for breakfast by 9:00. Unfortunately, with all my tossing and turning earlier in the night, Kathy had to make up for lost sleep as well.

Though the Sun shone brightly all day, we busied ourselves catching up on News and Communications. While reading one of the Blogs we follow, we learned of the passing of a fellow Canadian RV Blogger that we had the privilege to meet in Quartzsite, Arizona. Others had recently spoken with him just before the New Year. Once I can confirm it, I will add a link to his site.

Our morning Muffins barely got us through to our late lunch of Split Pea Soup, that held us over until supper.

I managed to finish up loading the last of the data, I’ll be using in a future Blog, before I went to the kitchen.

By the time I was finished, there was only one uncooked vegetable in the Fridge and that will be soon. We had Veggie Wraps with Bacon for supper.

We finished the evening by watching a couple of Hallmark Mystery Movies.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.

Erasmus, Dutch Philosopher

2 comments:

  1. As a fellow sleep warrior, I can sympathize. I have tried everything on the market and some prescribed. What helped me was magnesium otc. You may want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend had recommended a method. She said to eat something before bed that you don't eat during the day. For example, a small piece of chocolate. Do this for several days right before bed. Your mind will eventually associate this with sleep.

    ReplyDelete