It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, March 25, 2024

Faulty Detector and Weird Weather

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I had an up and down night but was up by 8:00 this morning. Kathy was so tired from the night before, she hardly noticed which in my book is a good thing.

Part of the reason for my restlessness is the Smoke Detector in our Apartment has been emitting a single BEEP, every hour, that I hear, since Friday night. Though I’ve tried Three New Batteries, the problem still persists. Lucky for Kathy she doesn’t hear it because she takes her Hearing Aids out at night. As we were finishing breakfast, it even made her jump.

It wasn’t even 9:00 when Health First Pharmacy was calling to say Kathy’s Rheumatologist had finally renewed her next batch of Medications. He wouldn’t do it last week, because it wasn’t a Month since he prescribed them and he does not care about our Doucettes.

Since there were no Leftover Stir-Fried Veggies in the Fridge, I set about chopping Onions and Peppers to make a simple Veggie Omelette. We were full.

Since Kathy’s Drinking Cup is starting to show wear after Ten Years and is no longer sold locally we ordered a pair last week on Amazon. (My Big Bubba Mug is starting to leak as well.) When I checked this morning the Tracker showed they were out for delivery, but when I checked after lunch, it showed they had been Delivered.

With our up and down weather it’s hard for Kathy to know what kind of Coat or Jacket to wear, so she opens the Balcony Door to find out. The problem is the Wind is more noticeable Eight Stories up than on the ground. By the time we walked out to the Car, she was layering down.

Our first stop was the Pharmacy, where Kathy collected her Medications. I normally do it, but if there is more walking to do, I’ve been parking close to the door and leaving her do those errands.

With the early start to our Construction Season, we had to Detour around our usual route. We were just on time for High Schools to let the kids out for the day, causing even more Chaos. (We never got out of school that early, when we went there.)

We finally arrived at Guardian Storage where Kathy collected the Mail and the Drinking Cups.

A quick stop at Pioneer gas station to fill the Car proved that the prices are again on the rise again.

We stopped at Dollarama and then Zehr’s grocery store, where we restocked our needed food supplies. I used the Shopping Carts as Wheeled Walkers and we didn’t walk the entire stores.

With Mary not being in the Office today, we’ll deal with the Smoke Detector tomorrow. By the time everything had been put away, I needed to sit for a bit.

We shared a Pizza for supper as we watched the 6 o’clock Local News. The Weather Guesser showed we had reached 65 F (18.4 C) today, then forecasted an All-Day Rain for tomorrow, but my Radar says different. I’ll let you know.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your car is made out of 17 others and each part is a different colour.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd just risk dying by smoke rather than go through another night with that detector...just remove batteries and hope for the best.. argh. But you are more stoic than I. Actually, I think that's you're middle name.

    ReplyDelete