It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, April 21, 2023

Two Pains In One Day.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

This morning I expressed taking pride in doing good work to Mile, but I also expressed my frustration that the PTA was making that nearly impossible. There were suggestions made, to which I responded “When modern technology works the way it was designed it’s good, but when it doesn’t, we are all in trouble”.

In the Eight Months since I started working at Windsor Feedscrew, there have been a lot of promises to have a Programmer check out the system. So far they have been empty promises, but the demand for High Quality work remains, even with a Machine that is getting harder to control.

The morning would be spent doing touch-ups on products about to be shipped. I even managed to load a Twenty-Four Foot Unit into the PTA, for an early start on Monday.

It felt good to be able to enjoy both of my breaks and talking with Kathy at lunch.

Why or what was happening I’m at a loss, but I started experiencing a severe Pain in my leg muscle. I used the desk to lean against while filling in the Computerized Spreadsheet that controls the welding process of the Plasma Transfer Arc.

When it came time to do the Test Run, the Torch was off on its merry way. With no Arc or Powder being used, there was no damage to the Screw. Even after rebooting the system numerous times, it had a mind of its own. The numbers that worked the best, should have made the Torch run off the rail in Four Minutes, but it was hardly moving.

Even as I demonstrated the problem the empty promise about getting someone to check it out was made. In the next sentence I was reminded about getting the Two Twenty-Four Footers out next week. A real PITA at the PTA.

Even after taking a Tylenol after lunch I was having difficulty walking. I moved so slowly I was drenched from the Rain just leaving the Plant.

After getting home and changing I fell asleep from the Pain. When I woke, Kathy was serving supper. Hopefully this problem will pass.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Ayn Rand, Russian-American writer and philosopher

No comments:

Post a Comment