It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, April 24, 2023

Face-Timing, Pinched Nerve and Lost Documents.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Surviving only on Extra Strength Tylenol over the weekend, I wasn’t hobbling as badly this morning, but I wish I’d had a camera to capture the look on Mile’s face when he saw me walk through the door using my Hiking Stick. He was very concerned that I might have injured myself while working. I calmed him down by saying, I couldn’t see a doctor on the weekend but planned on doing so after work.

I suggested I could limp the PTA through the Feedscrew that was already mounted. He suggested I try the dry run again since the Machine had the weekend off. (Sense of Humour.)

It didn’t matter the PTA was being its usual finicky self requiring 6.4 Inches of adjustment within a distance of 6.5 Inches. When Mile saw that he immediately called Ted in Goshen Indiana. After making contact he suggested connecting the Control Pod to the Ethernet Connection and he would call back. When he did call on Mile’s I-Phone we were doing Face-Time trouble shooting. It wasn’t the first time that Mile simply walked away leaving me with his Phone.

Ted and I were just starting to make changes when we were disconnected. I thought I might have involuntarily touched the wrong thing. I’m technically smart, but when it comes to these kinds of Electronics, I still have a lot of learning to do. Ted called back on his personal Cell Phone because the Company’s Phone had gone dead. After more than Two Hours working together changing numbers here, removing others then adding new ones the Plasma Transfer Arc was back on track to do the job.

Mile saw me nearly fall over because of my Leg and suggested I go see my Family Doctor. Since the Extra Strength Tylenol I had taken Five Hours earlier were wearing off I punched out at 10:12.

Calling our Family Doctor’s Office Lisa said to come in after hearing of my problem. When George finally saw me I was surprised at his diagnosis but have started to believe it to be accurate. Lots of times I am standing on only One Leg, while using the other to depress the Rheostatic Foot Control for the TIG Welder. Even though I alternate which foot I am using, it causes strain on my Spine which has possibly pinched a Nerve in my Back which triggers the Pain in my Leg.

It took nearly an Hour to have X-Rays taken at Clear Imaging. I have to go back in Three Weeks for an Ultra Sound.

I stopped at Health First Pharmacy to get the prescribed Muscle Relaxers along with another med that I might skip. It can cause Sleepiness along with Imbalance. Not what I need around Hot Feedscrews.

After collecting our Mail at Guardian Storage, I made a couple of quick stops. One was at our Accountants Office for information about our Income Tax Returns. I then stopped at Windsor Gas and Diesel to finalize when I drop off the Truck for service.

A quick call to Kathy had her waiting for me in the Car, outside our Apartment. It was strange how it suddenly started Sxxwing quite heavily, but since we’ve had warmer temperatures it quickly melted.

We headed back to the Accountant’s Office. We like to have our Returns in early but somewhere in the Canada Post system, a few of my documents have been misplaced. They were able to upload them from the Government Site.

Since it was nearly 5:00 we stopped at Wendy’s for supper. I learned tonight that you can substitute a Small Caesars Salad for French Fries. Yes we used a Coupon.

It was nearly 6:00 when we finally walked into the Apartment, almost Eight Hours after I left work.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Which rock group has guys that can’t sing or play instruments?


Mount Rushmore!

2 comments:

  1. Glad Mile sent you off!! And glad to hear the ball is rolling on checking out the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you are getting those tests on find the cause of your health problems.

    ReplyDelete