It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, April 3, 2023

Twenty/Thousandths and Lightning.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As I said signing off on last night’s Blog, I hoped today would be a good day and in one sense it was. When I got to work this morning, Mile mentioned a few repairs that I’d be addressing this week, but to go ahead with the Unit mounted in the PTA.

The first thing I did was to get the Burners started to take the chill out of the metal, so the Powder Coating would properly connect to the base metal and to avoid any kind of Cracks. I still had a lot of Numbers that needed to be entered into the Computer Spreadsheet, that would guide the Torch where we wanted the Hard-Surfacing. I also ran Tests to be certain the weld would go as needed. At that point a few of the Positioner Speeds were changed in order to keep things where they belong.

I had barely started the welding process when Mile again observed the weld being as wide as the channel it was meant to fill. I responded that if the weld was narrowed by the Twenty/Thousandths he wanted, I would have to repair the Undercuts. He said he that with me watching that would not happen.

Most of you have heard about the Dangers of distracted driving, well while I was watching the Torch doing its thing, a few of the Machinists came over needing my opinion on the Jobs they were working on. Just the few seconds it took for me to look in their directing, I had repairs to do. Even with the extra width to the Weld, it would have only taken One Hundred and Fifty Minutes to weld the Main Flight. When Mile returned after my working lunch, I was Rewelding the entire Feedscrew to fix all the Undercuts by simply adding Twenty/Thousandths of an Inch, on the width of the second pass. That meant more Electricity, Powder and Time were wasted just to save the Twenty/Thousandths of an Inch.

I barely had buried the Screw in the Sandbox by the end of the shift, but I already know what I’ll be working on in the morning.

I didn’t even have the chance to call Kathy today, so I called using the Hands-Free Device in the Truck. She spent the day cleaning out Old Files.

I headed to Windsor Gas and Diesel where the Car was finished. It now has fresh Oil and new Brakes, which means Kathy can safely drive it. What I like about Jim, is that he will not try to pressure you into getting work done that is not needed. I settled the Bill before heading for home.

Kathy was happy to see me as I was her. After I washed up we headed out the door. It was comfortable just wearing a light Jacket. Spring is finally here.

We stopped at Wendy’s where we used Coupons to save on the cost of supper. We were talking while we ate with me facing the Windows when something flashed across the Dark Clouds. Kathy is scared of Lightning and terrified if she has to drive in it. We managed to get the Car back home amid a lot more Lightning Flashes, but only saw a few Raindrops even after we were in our Apartment.

We caught the last of the 6 o’clock Local News, where they showed lots of Rain heading our way.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment