It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Double Easter Visits and Double Trouble.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Both Kathy and I hope all our readers had the chance to celebrate this Easter Sunday with their Family and Friends, sharing the Love.

Again I didn’t make it to the Gym this morning. Even when the Alarm went off there just wasn’t enough time to fit it in.

Unless I come home from work dirty, to take a shower early I never take one just before going to bed. The reason is that Showers invigorate me to the point that I have difficulty sleeping. So other than the dust from the Laundry Room and what fell on me while working at the Computer, I felt clean enough to go to bed.

The first thing I did this morning was to shower and shave. That really woke me up. Since Kathy needs much more sleep than I do, I sat at the Computer reading Blogs we follow. The only reason she slept so late, was I had promised to be here when she woke only an Hour later than myself.

We basically had Juice along with our Pills and Vitamins for breakfast. After assuring Kathy the weather would be comfortable, we were soon headed out the door.

Kylla cleaning Stanley's toes.
Being a Sphinx, he's not your typical Cat.

Our destination was our daughter Karen’s house in Tecumseh, where we had been invited for Easter Brunch. She put on a small Feast, with Spiral Sliced Ham, Quiche, Mixed Veggie Home Fries and a Fruit Tray. Nobody walked away from the table hungry. After letting it all settle while having Tea, we had a chance to catch up on what everyone is doing. Finally dessert was served, which was a mixture of Apple Pie, Cinnamon Rolls and Chocolate Cake that we had brought. Everyone waddled away. It was past 1:00 when we gave our Hugs and headed off.

Sanford and Nova just coming inside.

Our destination was to visit with my Aunt Anna at the Nursing Home. Since we had sliced off a fair sized piece of Cake for her to celebrate Easter with, I wanted to conceal it by using one of our Reusable Shopping Bags. After parking the Car I was about to open our hatch when I noticed our License Plate was gone. When I told Kathy, who was standing at the front of the Car, she looked down to see that Plate gone as well.

Nova just got a treat from Kathy.

We had a pleasant visit with my Aunt and her daughter Jackie. They were just as upset about the Stolen Plates. We stayed for nearly Two Hours before giving Hugs and heading out.

While still in the parking lot I called the Windsor Police Department to report the incident. Since it was not Life Threatening, I was told to report it On-Line.

We hit the Pioneer gas station to top off the Car before the prices go up again.

We then stopped at Arby’s and used Coupons, that were about to expire today, to enjoy our meal out. We both tried one of their new Raspberry Milkshakes and it tasted better than their Strawberry one ever did.

Today's high.

Back at the Apartment it would take over an Hour to fill in the Police Report. They have to work on their system because on the Five Pages there was always something that needed to be re-entered at least Three Times.

With a Printed Copy of the Police Report we should be able to go to the Service Ontario nearest us to have the Plates replaced for Free. It’s just the Time and Aggravation that is a PITA. Since they are possibly closed for Easter Monday, the Car might be down until Tuesday.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

If I’m going to sing like someone else, then I don’t need to sing at all.

Billie Holiday, American Jazz Singer.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice day, except for the license plate. Maybe you could get by with showing the police a copy of your report? Ah well, maybe one wouldn't want to find out about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! Criminals are everywhere I guess. What a pain to have to replace your license plates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it so unsettling how much crime there is now. I tell Leonard I am glad I am at this stage of life and not just starting.

    ReplyDelete