It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Filling In The Gap.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Sorry for leaving all our readers hanging but there are days that it just happens and yesterday was one of them.

Tuesday started out earlier than usual (4:30), but there was a reasoning behind it. Not only did I have Fog to deal with but there were the occasional Sunday Drivers that should have been home sleeping at that time. Mile was surprised when he drove into find me waiting for him. With a Twenty-Four Foot Feedscrew to weld by the end of the regular shift, I needed every minute available.

With the Burners going I was busy doing repairs when Jason showed up wondering what was going on. Of course when I use Two Burners the Plant Compressor has to work overtime and still can not produce enough Air for the tools the Polishers use.

Having spent the early part of Monday getting the PTA following its Numbers was well worth it. The Main Flight on this Screw took only Six and a Half Hours to complete with only minor adjustments, unlike some other Nightmares in the past. Counting the Mixer there was over Eight Hours Welding total. I had to use the Double Slings and Spreader Bar to put it in the Sandbox.

Being only minutes behind the rest of the crew, I managed to be in the Apartment, taking a shower by 4:00. We were out the door by 4:30.

I needed a tooth repaired and it still makes the Dentist nervous when I decline any Freezing, which bothers me more than the actual Drilling and Grinding does. That took all of Twenty Minutes.

Our next stop was our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s. We had been invited for an early Birthday Celebration which included Salad, Pizza and lots of Snacks. We also had the chance to visit which is not as often as we would all like, since we started living in the Apartment.

Since Kathy has problems driving in the dark, I did the driving. We got home close to 9:30. I think my eyes were closing when we walked in the door, so I simply headed to bed.

This morning, Wednesday, I was back to my normal early hours, but the Fog was even thicker than Tuesday. Some people were barely driving Ten MPH. With the Two Sets of Fog Lamps on the Truck, I went around them and became the Pied Piper of vehicles not equiped the way we are.

I was in the process of warming another Feedscrew when Mile had me stop. There were repairs and touch-ups that were being readied for shipment, he felt were more important.

It was nice cleaning out all the Vegetables we had in the Fridge, to make Stir-Fry Veggie Wraps for supper. Once the 6 o’clock Local News was finished we headed out the door.

Kathy followed the Truck in the Car. We dropped the Truck off at Windsor Gas and Diesel for serving tomorrow. I had already dropped the Key off, last week.

Kathy needed supplies to make my lunch so we went to the Zehr’s grocery store. Even though I entered using my Hiking Stick, I pushed the Shopping Cart for support. It wasn’t until we were home, that we realized we didn’t get any Wraps. That’s what we get for not having a List.
Hopefully, the Medication I just started today will start making a difference by tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.

Michelle Obama, American attorney and author who served as the first lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you, Rick, for just pushing through the pain. Hopefully they will get your surgery done soon. Hi to Kathy!

    ReplyDelete