It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Getting Caught Up.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After completing only Two touch ups this morning, I was surprised when Mile told me to go back to the Feedscrew that he had me stop yesterday. With a few adjustments to the Burners I was able to hit the “Begin to Weld” button within an Hour. The downside to that was the Polishers didn’t have any power for their Air Tools, until I started welding. At that point I only needed to maintain the temperature, so I dialed back on the heat.

Besides welding Two Identical Screws that only took Two Hours each, I pulled the Twenty Four Foot Unit from the Sandbox. By doing that opened up the space for the Two I did today and the Two I will do tomorrow. They’ll spend the weekend cooling down slowly in the Sandbox and be pulled out on Monday before another Twenty-Four Foot Unit takes over most of the Box.

It was 3:40 when I finally punched out. Talking to Kathy on the phone, I had noticed our Accountant had called my number. I suggested she call since I was concentrating on the traffic as I headed to Windsor Gas and Diesel, to check out how the Truck was doing. Before I arrived, Kathy was calling me back to say our Income Tax Returns were ready, but we had to be there by 5:00.

Don was just finishing the Oil Change when I arrived. He also found Screws and Nails in my rear tires. (The Truck has only travelled on the road.) Jim was under another truck and told me to take the Truck tonight, then settle the bill next week.

Since I had the Car all day, I let Kathy know I was on my way. She waited outside the front entrance, so when I arrived, we were quickly back on the road.

At our Accountant’s Office we were happy with the results, especially since they had to get our T4 Slips from the Government Site. Somehow those slips never came in the Mail, like they normally do and since the Canadian Government stated there would be no Extensions this year, it could have been costly to us.

We headed back to Windsor Gas and Diesel to find Jim still under that truck, so I’ll definitely settle the bill next week.

Kathy followed me to Wendy’s where we used a Coupon for supper. We had Chicken Sandwiches, but Kathy had a Caesars Salad and I had Chili rather than French Fries.

We made it back inside the Apartment just on time for the 6 o’clock Local News to come on. Looks like we have a wet week heading our way.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Did you hear about the angry pancake?


He absolutely flipped!

No comments:

Post a Comment